Re: Josephine romance stuck?

by Sugram22

Original Post

Josephine romance stuck?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have looked through posts regarding Josephine on this forum but found no help. Now that the last story mission is available for me in the war room I remembered that I needed to finish Josephine's personal quest (where I had to visit her in Val Royeaux after dealing with the guild trying to kill her). I met her, picked the romance options and stuff, then back at Skyhold I spoke to Leliana who showed concern about my intentions. I told her I really feel something for Josephine. Now, when talking to Josephine, no special dialogue appears, only the normal basic options. I read somewhere that a dialogue should trigger in which I am supposed to tell her my true feelings but such dialogue just never takes place. Any idea what might have happened? I think I could go back to my older saves and perhaps try talking to Leliana again if that's the case but I'd have to repeat a few missions I did in the meantime. :/

EDIT: I went back to one of my old saves and spoke to Leliana once again just to make sure, but the bug still occured. Josephine's romance dialogue won't trigger. The only dialogue that triggers is that 1) she tells me that someone from Val Royeaux was asking what did Andraste tell my Inquisitor in the Fade 2) she asks if we should make an alliance with Tevinter or Nevarra.

Message 1 of 7 (8,658 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Anyone? Please? I don't want to finish the game without a romance. :/

Message 2 of 7 (8,592 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, I'm stuck on  the quest at exactly the same stage this guy is describing. Finished everything else, altho I did try out every option possible before finishing the main quest line. Figured my options with Josephine would eventually expand again, maybe after finishing the main story line? But it didn't. I'm not receiving any unique dialogues from Josephine anymore nor have I got any active war table mission to pick up. This must be a bug. Is there some smart way to trigger the next quest / dialogue in line?

Message 3 of 7 (8,517 Views)

★ Guide
I have this problem too. Very annoying.
Message 4 of 7 (8,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Only a bit advice I can offer is, right after speaking with Leliana, go to Josephine. Your character will say that Leliana gave her a speech and it will ultimately result in you and Josephine talking in your room where you can admit your feelings. That's how I did it.

Other than that, I have no advice, sorry. :/
Message 5 of 7 (7,126 Views)

★★★ Expert

id you go to the merchant in Val Royeaux and buy the family crest for her? It's the one in the main area, not inside a room. You learn of it by asking her about herself, if you haven't done a lot of that yet.

Message 6 of 7 (7,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

i haven't played it for years & i got back & after finishing other char i got back to my melee rouge i see that i finished Of Somewhat Fallen Fortune totally, no idea did i have chat with Liliana or not, played a bit no progression, no new dialogue, i was in the area with hawke so i got sucked in to that & rushed a bit & completed here lies the abyss & then i was like i half to try to talk with her again & nothing, i have less then half map finished, does completing inner circles quests for other companions also effect her progression & how much of a map i have completed (and maybe certain maps to, like maps connected with orley?) & also power? or did i hit a * wall? if yes i do suspect game repair, i had issues getting game work after long time again, or should i continue & do wicked eyes and wicked hearts to save the romance if it can be, maybe that unstucks it if its stuck? or do some main missions lock player off from romance progression?

ofc not sure did i try romance option before skyhold, but in skyhold for sure, so maybe i should reload to my earlier save

at heart shall burn point where my earliest load was i was lvl 12, is it possible or its a bug (i mean char lvl 12 at that point)? if yes then other strange things i have noticed isn't cause my memory is wrong, that would mean my memory is correct & makes it more likely that it was cause game repair

didn't let me make new topic cause question is similar, ea filters have become more strick

so question is am i stuck?

Message 7 of 7 (4,133 Views)