Re: Jaws of Hakkon freezing.

by normandyn727

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Jaws of Hakkon freezing.

★★★ Novice

Jaws of Hakkon freezing. 

I finished my playthrough with the GOTY edition and finished The Decent DLC, I went to my war table to investigate the Frostback Basin selected my party and start Hakkon and I get to the loading screen it goes black and the loading freezes. I tried the repair tool through Origin, restarting and reloading an earlier save, disabled all mods and nothing happens. I tried going there through my map and all that accomplishes is the loading screen staying up for a little longer.  Anyone had this happen? Any tips? This doesn't happen for any other area. 

Message 1 of 4 (4,203 Views)

Accepted Solution

Usually a repair will fix this kind of thing....usually....did you repair before or after removing mods??  Have you tried different party members and equipment for your Inquisitor??  Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the mod??  Have you tried different video settings??  Is the physical memory for your computer harddrive ok--enough free space?? 

My first knee jerk response is a mod messed it up....and that may be the case but this is a big game program and stuff happens sometimes....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (4,753 Views)

All Replies

Usually a repair will fix this kind of thing....usually....did you repair before or after removing mods??  Have you tried different party members and equipment for your Inquisitor??  Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the mod??  Have you tried different video settings??  Is the physical memory for your computer harddrive ok--enough free space?? 

My first knee jerk response is a mod messed it up....and that may be the case but this is a big game program and stuff happens sometimes....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 4 (4,754 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

"did you repair before or after removing mods?" 

I thought I had repaired after removing the mods ( I did it once before but not after) funny enough I repaired again and it works.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 4 (4,169 Views)

★ Novice
@normandyn727 'Low' graphics preset seems to have changed something, idk.
Message 4 of 4 (1,756 Views)