Re: Jaws of Hakkon Crash on Approaching Razikale's Reach

by Vyn1415

Original Post

Jaws of Hakkon Crash on Approaching Razikale's Reach

★ Novice

I'm playing Jaws of Hakkon on PC with Patch Eight. During the On Ameridan's Trail quest, the game consistently crashes to desktop on approaching Razikale's Reach, without providing any error message. I've tested this with a different character that I'd previously finished the DLC with, and the problem seems to be confined to my most recent character.

I can go anywhere else in the Frostback Basin and complete other quests with no issues, but as soon as I try to advance the main plot, the game crashes again. Any suggestions? I was looking forward to killing the dragon again! (And getting the sweet loot.)

Message 1 of 6 (1,510 Views)

Hero

Have you tried repairing? Right click the game in Origin and select the repair option.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (1,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just putting this up there as I've been having a similar issue. After making a save nearby (but not in crash range) of the front entrance to the Reach, I switched into Tactical camera mode and had my character move to the front of the stairs while remaining in tac cam. Once I reached the base of the stairs I switched to normal camera mode to no ill-effect. Working my way through the building right now, and not running into any issues. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 6 (1,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue but on the PS4. I only have the one character and this is my first playthrough. Very disappointing - had no trouble with the main game itself (no crashes in 135 hrs gameplay) - it's now crashed on me 8 times in the past hour - all on Ameridan's trail.
Message 4 of 6 (1,417 Views)

Same here.

I've attempted to approach from the south and from the north (using the underground passage) and the game crashes as soon as I get close enough to the stairs for the enemies to appear on my mini-map.

Ran "Repair Game", but still experiencing the crashes.

Attempted to use tactical camera without success.

SD Signature Banner

Message 5 of 6 (1,341 Views)

★ Novice

Try saving every 3 seconds until u reach the temple then quickly finish the fight  then wait for harding  after that u should be in clear.

Message 6 of 6 (1,320 Views)