Items/weapons disappearing dragon age inquisition

by Sunaman14

Original Post

Re: Items/weapons disappearing dragon age inquisition

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Update: Trying to reload previous saves (all in the Winter Palace) in the hope that whatever bugged it before will somehow bug differently this time and let me keep my inventory space. Well, it sure is bugging differently..

1st attempt - I've lost more items than I did the first time. 

2nd attempt - Those items have returned but when I go to 'Find the Harlequin', I get to the checkpoint and there is no Harlequin, only Venatori.

3rd attempt - Game freezes mid cut scene. I quit via the Xbox main menu.

4th attempt - Well the game won't load at all, after the menu screen it goes to black and stays that way, playing the menu music over and over.

5th attempt - I find the Harlequin, kill them, nothing happens. Mission objective doesn't change.

So... that went well.. I guess this is what people mean when they talk about 'corrupt saves'.

Tried reloading an autosave from after I arrived back at Skyhold for the sake of trying. Every time I attempt to buy things from the shop I get a little ka-ching (successful purchase sound), but my money and inventory slots stay the same. That's that I guess.

Message 11 of 23 (3,678 Views)

★★ Novice
It's been over two months since I posted about this issue and nothing has been done to eliminate the problem. I went back to a prior save point and eventually got back to the quest. To my dismay, the issue happened again and it has ruined what was a great game. There is no point in playing when you can't keep your items necessary for progression. Good luck to all that experience this game breaker of a glitch. It appears EA will do nothing about it.
Message 12 of 23 (3,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just crafted my first armor at the blacksmith and it said I acquired the item, but when open my inventory it's nowhere to be found?
Message 13 of 23 (3,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This bug really needs to get fixed. There's no way I'm going to start the game again after 70+ hours. Not to mention that it could just happen again once i get to this point. This is a ridiculously awful, game-breaking bug. 

edit: Just spoke to EA support and they basically said to try uninstalling and re-installing the game. But he said if that doesn't work, I have to start over. In other words, sell the fetching game because there no way i'm going to waste my time trying it again. 

Message 14 of 23 (3,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
This Just happened to me! I had started the game on my husband's profile and had just completed the Winter palace when we had to send our Xbox in for repair.

It came back and I thought what the hell, I would rather play on my own profile, so I started a new game. I noticed things were hinky when I found myself running across quests in the new game that I had already done in the same game. The find quill quest for the worried soldier, the widow who wanted her husband's ring back..
Then I noticed my characters seemed to keep losing their equipped gear. Now it's gotten ridiculous, and I'm afraid to start on my old game in case the bug migrates. This is bull*, and they should fix it.
Message 15 of 23 (3,564 Views)

★ Novice

This just happened to me. I wondered why things had suddenly gotten so hard - then i realised back in skyhold my armor/helmet was missing. What made it so galling was it was rare crafted armor and i don't have the materials to craft it again. The last save point i had with the materials was three hours prior so i really don't want to have replay it all again just to get it back. 

I hope this is a one off. I love this game, but i really don't want to have to be checking my entire teams inventory everytime i start it up.

Message 16 of 23 (3,535 Views)

★★★ Novice
Holy *. I may have just figured some of this stuff out. I had armour I've been trying to equip any of my warriors with in the Undercroft but simply couldn't. I'd see it in my inventory list ONLY when I was depositing it in the stash chest. I could put upgrades into it but I couldn't equip anyone in it. I'd deposit it and take it out, over and over but I could never equip it OR even sell it for that matter.
By a little stroke of luck, I looked in "valuables" and there it was. I never moved it there, but it was there. Somehow items get magically moved to the valuables tab. I'm not sure if this answers any or even some, but if your weapons / armour are disappearing on you like mine were, check your valuables tab and restore it back to the inventory tab. You'll be able to use the item again. Maaaaan, how long did I sit here trying to find a post for some help this. Thx for all the posts. Sometimes reading a few things helps you think outside the box a bit and you end up figuring stuff out.
Message 17 of 23 (3,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues, but mine started much earlier, about the first time I entered Redcliffe. I replayed a few hours from an earlier save and thought it worked, but it happened again. It went from wiping out only unequipped items to taking my main character's bow and later my armor. At one point when I travelled to Haven it all popped back in and I was able to optimize what the entire group had equipped, but the rest vanished when I travelled again. I managed to limp through the mage choice quest and got to Skyhold, but it continues to deteriorate. I am frustrated! I had a lot of hours into it and even repeated a few hours, but now It's just too crippling to continue.

Message 18 of 23 (3,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just went through the EA customer service experience only to find out that there is still no help for this issue. They consider it a local issue and I don't think they even have a clue what causes the corruption. I have already replayed about 3 hrs in an attempt to work around the corrupt save, but the issue came back at around the same point (1st time in Redcliffe? Acquisition of Iron Bull?) a few hours later. I could go back 40 hrs. to the oldest save I have left and try again, but I don't want to waste the time and replay all that content only to see it rear its ugly head again. I guess I don't get to finish Inquisition...what a bummer! That's a 160 hrs. of my life I will never get back. 

Message 19 of 23 (3,488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ugh, happening to me as well.  Saving malachite and Ferelden medal of service for later recipes -- go to inventory and they are gone.  Just disappeared completely.  And I never do "sell all" so I KNOW I did not sell them.

So frustrating.

Message 20 of 23 (2,979 Views)