Re: Items/weapons disappearing dragon age inquisition

by lastcapitalist

Original Post

Items/weapons disappearing dragon age inquisition

★★ Novice
Every time I load into new area most of my weapons disappear from my inventory. I am currently on the quest "Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts" and just zoned into the area to confront Grand Duchess Florianne only to find that all my weapons have completely vanished from my inventory. I now have no weapons and armor to equip my main character and followers, which is making the battle seemingly impossible. I have noticed the weapons and armor disappearing from my inventory for some time now but it never effected my equipped items. Well, the quest automatically unequips all weapons and armor and thus when I zoned into the area they naturally disappeared...awesome!

Anyone else experienced a loss of weapons and armor? Any known fixes to this issue? TY in advance for any help.
Message 1 of 23 (9,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem and I found no solution it's another Dragon Age bug that you're forced to live with I suppose. What I basically had going on for the Grand Duchess fight was a fully red health bar on all my party members no health potions I'm stuck in a Nut Cracker uniform with like 10 Defense and on all top of all this the game bugs and resets everyone's weapons into these tier 1 defaults so like Sera is maxed out with an archer skill tree but now she has tier 1 iron daggers and can't use any abilities for any reason. I love Dragon Age but at the same time, someone was in charge at double checking something to make sure you wouldn't deal with this much ignorant frustration during a boss fight, let's fire that guy and beat up his family.

Message 2 of 23 (9,453 Views)

★★ Novice
Knowing that other people are experiencing this problem brings hope that it may one day get fixed. After 65 hours of gameplay my journey suddenly and sadly appears at an end and the thought of starting over is nearly impossible. I have not played the game since my numerous failed attempts to fight the Duchess, equipped with nothing but virtual underwear, two weeks ago.
Message 3 of 23 (9,423 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I thought perhaps I had sold Cassandra's shield by accident, but after not being anywhere near a merchant when she suddenly lost her sword, I realised it must be a bug. It had happened in a previous save too to Sera, now that I think about it. It was just after I got her though, so at the time I thought perhaps she hadn't come with any equipment and I'd just imagined her being kitted out.

Kind of a horrifying bug. I hope it gets fixed soon!

Message 4 of 23 (9,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My girlfriend is playing dragon age inquisition and she just went to equip an amulet and we both watched it straight up disappear.. This is clearly a massive bug and needs to be addressed.. She hadn't saved in a while and it definitely is hurting the game experience.
Message 5 of 23 (9,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My boyfriend was fighting demons in the fallow mire when suddenly the staff he'd had equipped wasn't in his inventory anymore. He checked his inventory and there were three staffs, all less powerful than what he'd been using. When he backed out and checked his inventory again there were only two staffs.
Message 6 of 23 (9,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing has happened to me not only have i lost custom made weapons and armor but also some one-time uniques the axe of dragon-hunting to be specific and now each time i load into a zone i lose more items like what in the surreal hell is going on. the crafted items i can forgive but a superb unique that cant be replicated until late game now thats just atrocious

Message 7 of 23 (9,137 Views)

★ Apprentice
I too have this problem. The first time it happened, a bunch of custom weapons disappeared. Later on after quite a few hours, they reappeared. Then i found the First Enchanter staff schematic and made a couple for my mages. They are all gone. My inventory is 13/60. I'm not selling them or moving to valubles. Now they have disappeared, and everything else i pick up, regardless what it is, disappears except for my equip weapons and armor. If they go, then i'll really be pissed.
Message 8 of 23 (9,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie

During "Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts" the armor of my whole party has vanished, it's nowhere to be found and the save point before that quest is corrupted.

My party wore those unique and high rated armor parts. At the end the helmets were back, but the body armor is gone.

The worst part is, that it took ages, to find something good for my Qunari mage character. I think he wore the armor that the Highland Ravager dropped (I can't remember where I got it from), complete with the parts for arms and legs, it was over 300.

Message 9 of 23 (8,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same thing here, everything was fine before the 'Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts' mission. I somehow kept all of my main characters belongings, but all my other party members lost everything except accessories. One-time items, crafted, all gone. I don't have any save points before that mission either..

Additionally (and much worse, since at least I have the means to make new weapons/armor), not only was I not able to keep anything that I collected on that mission, but my inventory still thinks all the items are in there. I went in with 25(ish)/75 items in my inventory, filled it while I was at the party, came out to find only 25(ish)/75 items in my inventory and NOW, I can't collect any more items. So I have to work with 25 inventory spaces, which is basically impossible. Or at least, completely diminishes my playing experience. After putting so many hours into this, it is so disappointing that I may not be able to finish at all.

Message 10 of 23 (8,891 Views)