Issue with Origin and DLC

by KingPat709

Original Post

Issue with Origin and DLC

★★ Novice

So I have installed DA:I and it works fine.

I tried to load my cloud save but it tells me the DLC is not installed.

So I closed the game and went to the extra content tab under the game details.

It tells me that both the Delux Upgrade and the DLC Bundle is "Unlocked" but not Installed like it does for Mass Effect.

I can not seem to find a way to force Origin to download and install the DLCs. The only options it is giving me is to read the DLC details or Purchase them again as a gift.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this horrid program to cooperate?

I am tried restarting it and have also tried running the program as administrator to clear up any permissions issues.

Still can not figure out how to get it to download the DLCs.

Message 1 of 3 (542 Views)

Re: Issue with Origin and DLC

Two things to check, then the only solution I have seen is to reinstall fully the game.

1)  Find the install location of the DLC and delete it.

2)  Copy the game files to another location.  Uninstall the game.  Click reinstall the game let it get a few % installed, pause the install, then move the entire game back from the copied location and then click continue on the install.

It SHOULD have installed the DLC or offered a option to install it automatically.....but I have seen a bunch of issues with DLC and origin lately across various games.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (519 Views)

Re: Issue with Origin and DLC

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @KingPat709

Just want to check if you've managed to download the DLCs using @mcsupersport's advice or you still need our help with it?

Thanks in advance for replying!

/Ataashi

Message 3 of 3 (354 Views)