Is there ANY way to play this game with a PS4 controller?

by Lue_Hill

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there ANY way to play this game with a PS4 controller?

★★★★★ Newbie

I've tried everything I've found on every forums... Nothing seems to work so far. I remember I was able to play with a ps3 controller back in 2015, but I don't remember what I had to do to be able... 

Message 1 of 3 (1,669 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is there ANY way to play this game with a PS4 controller?

[ Edited ]
Hero

You have to use an XInput wrapper to make the game recognise it as an Xbox controller. If you're on Steam, you can enable the DualShock in the controller settings and Steam will use its own driver to read it as an Xbox controller. If you don't use Steam, you can use third party software like DS4Windows.

You're going to get Xbox icons, though. Some games give you an option to pick your preferred controller icons, but I don't think Dragon Age Inquisition has that option.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,634 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

the gamepad option under controls in the options doesn't work?

Message 2 of 3 (1,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You have to use an XInput wrapper to make the game recognise it as an Xbox controller. If you're on Steam, you can enable the DualShock in the controller settings and Steam will use its own driver to read it as an Xbox controller. If you don't use Steam, you can use third party software like DS4Windows.

You're going to get Xbox icons, though. Some games give you an option to pick your preferred controller icons, but I don't think Dragon Age Inquisition has that option.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (1,635 Views)