Re: Is it possible to buy Dragon Age Inquisition from another region using VPN ?

by INMATE_37

Original Post

Is it possible to buy Dragon Age Inquisition from another region using VPN ?

★★ Novice

I bought GOTY edition of Dragon Age Inquisition, I wanted to set both voice and text in English, but my version was in fact region blocked with only 2 options available for text: Russian and Polish.

The only solution is to buy the game for the second time from another region. I tried that via VPN but it says that that game is already in my library.

Can my region blocked copy be removed so I can repurchase it ?

Message 1 of 5 (565 Views)

Re: Is it possible to buy Dragon Age Inquisition from another region using VPN ?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey @INMATE_37 

You can try contacting our live support at EA Help when it comes to removing the game from your account, but please keep in mind that we might not be able to refund you the money for it if the refund conditions don't apply to your situation.

However, we really cannot suggest using VPNs to make purchases on Origin. In fact we strongly recommend to have it turned off when using Origin as it might be disrupting our client's functionality.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (546 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I understand that using VPN is generally not a good option but EA's policy leave me no choice, I would gladly just upgrade my version to global if it would be possible.

Right now I see no other option, but if there is any please let me know

Message 3 of 5 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Do you ahve try set  your origins in english and re-install the game?????? the game install on lang of your origins software. *snip*

EDIT by EA_Jason: No swearing please.

Message 4 of 5 (509 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I live in Ukraine and did not want to pay for the game in rubles so I bought DAI using VPN. My game installed fine and it had English localization BUT there were problems with DLCs. DLCs still were in Russian and they conflicted with the game so I had to contact EA support.

And I have all EA emails in Dutch btw Standard smile

Hope my case would be helpful.

Message 5 of 5 (490 Views)