Is it legal to buy and play DAI in India from Amazon?

by surti

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is it legal to buy and play DAI in India from Amazon?

★★ Novice

I want to play legal version of DAI but I can't buy it from origin because EA did not release it in India. I found amazon selling it. But I read on G2G  that this is region locked. So is it legal and safe to buy it from amazon? 

Message 1 of 3 (559 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is it legal to buy and play DAI in India from Amazon?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @surti

Unfortunately, I can confirm that DAI is not available in the Indian version of Origin Frown

Good news is that Amazon (some European and American versions) is listed as one of our trusted retailers, so if you can get a copy from there, you should be able to add it to your EA account and play the game Standard smile

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (541 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @surti

Unfortunately, I can confirm that DAI is not available in the Indian version of Origin Frown

Good news is that Amazon (some European and American versions) is listed as one of our trusted retailers, so if you can get a copy from there, you should be able to add it to your EA account and play the game Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 3 (542 Views)

As a technical note, Legal is a term that only your local municipality or country laws can determine.  You may as EA Atashi say, put it on your account and play it, but whether that is legal in your country and area will be determined by said country and area government laws.  You would need to look into how your country views the game, why they didn't allow it to be sold there and how they would react to the game being there.  Most countries don't have the time or care to go after individual users over something like this, BUT if it is a religious reason or taboo subject by local custom that is causing the issue, you may have issues with your government(if they ever find out).  Like I said, MOST don't care as long as you didn't buy it directly while in their country, and once you own it, they don't care.  But a quick look at the laws and reasons behind the game not being sold there may be in order as a just in case thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3 (523 Views)