Inquisition crashes on startup

by Dams1986

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Inquisition crashes on startup

★★ Novice

Previously to this happening in the last week or so, the game has worked for hundreds of hours with no problems.  Now every time I try to launch it, it loads up with a black screen and the green icon in the bottom right corner, it flashes once, and then immediately crashes to desktop with no error message.  

I've tried all sorts of solutions that I've read online.  Reinstalled graphics drivers.  Cleared origin cache.  Reinstalled directx.  It's getting extremely frustrating, have invested so much into this game, all the DLC's, and it is in fact my favourite game - so I don't think it's fair that a loyal customer should have to deal with this level of frustration.  

I've included my DxDiag - I hope it's helpful.  I don't pretend to be especially experienced with computers, I really just want to play games on them, so please be patient with me.  Many thanks.  

Message 1 of 5 (403 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Inquisition crashes on startup

[ Edited ]
Hero

Looks like you don't have a graphics card. Is this supposed to be the case? Because you said the game used to work without problems.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Note: Intel HD Graphics are integrated graphics chipsets and not dedicated graphics cards. These are far below the system requirements.

Also note: Intel graphics should at least launch the game, even if the performance will be terrible (I once tested on Intel HD 4600 and got 20-30fps on the lowest settings and low resolution in the Hinterlands).

A failure to launch the game is most commonly caused by AVG Antivirus. If you have AVG, either disable it or add Inquisition to the exceptions.

Edit: I googled the model of your laptop and it's supposed to have a Geforce GTX 580m, which is significantly better than what the DXDiag says you have. Which driver did you install when you said you updated?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (426 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Looks like you don't have a graphics card. Is this supposed to be the case? Because you said the game used to work without problems.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Note: Intel HD Graphics are integrated graphics chipsets and not dedicated graphics cards. These are far below the system requirements.

Also note: Intel graphics should at least launch the game, even if the performance will be terrible (I once tested on Intel HD 4600 and got 20-30fps on the lowest settings and low resolution in the Hinterlands).

A failure to launch the game is most commonly caused by AVG Antivirus. If you have AVG, either disable it or add Inquisition to the exceptions.

Edit: I googled the model of your laptop and it's supposed to have a Geforce GTX 580m, which is significantly better than what the DXDiag says you have. Which driver did you install when you said you updated?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (427 Views)

★★ Novice

It's an AMD radeon 7600a, which I upgraded on their website.  Should something else be showing under device drivers then?  It's just all my other high performance games are working perfectly fine, so I don't know why it would be that.

Message 3 of 5 (384 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh yes, and I've already tried disabling AVG too...

Message 4 of 5 (383 Views)

★★ Novice

I just want to say a massive thank you!  I went to update driver, and it reinstalled it - the funny thing was that I'd already done that before, and it had said that there was no need to update the driver.  Anyway, I disabled AVG again, and the game is loading fine, so thank you so much, I'm so relieved!  

Message 5 of 5 (373 Views)