Re: Inquisition Banners in claimed places

by gigawawa

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I seem to also have this issue.  I did finally finish getting all the pieces for the Dalish banner.  And it shows up in Skyhold fine.  

But I've never seen my claiming banner to be anything but the default Inquisition banner.  I almost assumed this was what was meant to happen.  Guess its another bug. Frown

Message 11 of 19 (4,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It is not a bug for some banners to show poles. You are suppost to unlock something call the banner topper to fully decorate the banner.

The real problem is even though you have met the requirements for unlocking the banner topper it doesn't unlock. For example to unlock the banner topper for the templar banner, you must unlock the templar tower in skyhold.

I already build the templar tower and nothing has been unlock for my templar banner. Just a pole with helmet on top. I am not sure whether I am missing something or what. But this should be a bug.

The banner topper which can be actually looted from a treasure or strong box is working fine. Just the ones that need some specific requirement to be unlocked. 

Message 12 of 19 (4,523 Views)

★★ Novice

In my first playthrough the banner shows correctly, as seen here: http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah97/DaemionMoadrin/ScreenshotWin32_0024_Final_zps33aa4849.png

In my second playthrough, the banner is gone: http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah97/DaemionMoadrin/ScreenshotWin32_0023_Final_zps696fb32e.png

I can switch between the characters, the mage always sees the banners, the rogue never does.

I wasn't aware I had to unlock anything to get a complete claim flag, I certaintly didn't do anything special in my first playthrough.

Message 13 of 19 (3,779 Views)

★ Novice

Why I can't find how to fix this in any website and why EA  lazy to fix this  little bug annoying me so much.

Message 14 of 19 (3,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same  problem on Ps4   what should i do 

Message 15 of 19 (3,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue right now -- I'm playing on the PC, and no matter which banner I select in the Undercroft, only the Inquisition banners show up in Skyhold.

I'm in the process of trying to determine which pieces I still need (stuck at 15 / 22) and am more than a little frustrated that the banners are not changing for me to look at and see what I need. 

EDIT:  I finally got the the banners to change, but only if I exit the game to the menu and reload the save.  Considering how long load screens take, it's a little tedious, but at least it's working now. 

Message 16 of 19 (3,083 Views)

★ Novice

Yup, capturing a keep fixes this. I got this problem after I started with a new character.

In my first playthrough I did not have any issues with the banners at all.Towards the end I felt like trying a mage instead and started anew.

No banners. I hated it.

I returned to my main playthrough, loaded an old save, NO BANNERS. (although there was no problem before)

I started playing and decided to delete the other character just in case. I deleted that one, and captured  the Griffon Keep in the Western Approaches, and I got my banners back.

Might sound irrevelant but if you have multiple character saves, I think that might be related with the bug.

Message 17 of 19 (2,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Nearly 2 years later and still have this problem.
Message 18 of 19 (2,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

5 years later and I'm experiencing this issue too Frown

Message 19 of 19 (1,477 Views)