Re: In the game, is Ranged Damage more advantageous than Melee Damage?

by angus192711

Original Post

Accepted Solution

In the game, is Ranged Damage more advantageous than Melee Damage?

★★ Apprentice

In the game, is Ranged Damage more advantageous than Melee Damage?

Message 1 of 8 (1,039 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@angus192711 ;

a. The AHQ was originally, (and is still mostly) a player-to-player community.  No one is under any obligation to reply to your query.

b. The CM asked "Which game?" simply to learn where to move the topic since it had obviously been posted to the wrong forum.

c. The answer depends on a number of factors including class, level, gear, and opponent.

d. The devs tried to make things balanced enough so that any play-style can succeed if done right, and fail if not.

So try both!  See what works for you, then try something else and see what happens.  Angel

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (921 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @angus192711 if you let us know what game it is you are referring to then we will be able to advise you further.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,021 Views)

★★ Apprentice
dragon age inquisition
Message 3 of 8 (1,007 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
Why don't you reply me?
Message 4 of 8 (966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@angus192711 ;

a. The AHQ was originally, (and is still mostly) a player-to-player community.  No one is under any obligation to reply to your query.

b. The CM asked "Which game?" simply to learn where to move the topic since it had obviously been posted to the wrong forum.

c. The answer depends on a number of factors including class, level, gear, and opponent.

d. The devs tried to make things balanced enough so that any play-style can succeed if done right, and fail if not.

So try both!  See what works for you, then try something else and see what happens.  Angel

Message 5 of 8 (922 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Isn't there a Community Manager?
Message 6 of 8 (892 Views)

Yes there are community managers, but there is no guarantee that they know every game and what is best in each one.  They may know some about the general game, or almost nothing at all, and some other CM knows some.  There are a bunch of people posting, and older games such as DAI get less attention to their forum, and no telling how much they remember about it. 

@ThandalNLyman is correct in his assessment of the game and forum though...there is no requirement for anyone to answer, and DAI is balanced pretty well between magic, bows, and blades offering different play styles and abilities depending on skill point allocation, gear and playstyle.  Certain people LOVE the dagger Rogue and can spec it to kill just about any single creature in one hit/volley....and I hate trying to play that way, so I will never use it(it is great against bosses, but not as good against crowds to my mind).   My opinion, is to find a playstyle you like, spec your guy that way to the best of your ability, maybe check some guides for that playstyle and have fun.  You can complete the game with just about any of them, so fun should be your determining factor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 8 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes the mage are very OP, I always have 1 tank warrior + 2 mage and 1 rogue range bow. 1 of the mage have to be a knight enchanter he can  do also melee damage... Be a mage go for knight-enchanter, craft a staff with charge and you unkillable your shield recharge and you get like warrior the charge point + you can range spell AND melee attack with magic blade and revive team mate. At every hit you build up a deff and cannot be killed.. at this point its so easy you can play on nightmare difficulty.

Message 8 of 8 (867 Views)