Importing save data from DA:I on PS3 to PS4 - not finding any save data

by mikecuster1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Importing save data from DA:I on PS3 to PS4 - not finding any save data

★★ Novice

I recently bought DA:I for the PS4 with the intention of uploading a save file from my PS3 so that I could play the Trespasser DLC. My PS3 Inquisition save file was uploaded to online system storage on my PSN, but when I try to import it to the PS4 it states that " The EA Origin account linked to your current Sony Entertainment Account has no previously uploaded data to import." Am I missing a step somewhere along the line?

Message 1 of 4 (3,844 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Importing save data from DA:I on PS3 to PS4 - not finding any save data

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @mikecuster1

Have you followed those steps while attempting to transfer your progression from PS3 to PS4?

1. On the PlayStation 3, head on over to the Black Emporium to start the process..
  2. In the Save Game menu, select NEW SAVE GAME and press L2 to export to PlayStation 4.
  3. A message appears to inform you what happens when a save game is exported. Be sure to read the details.
  4. Choose whether to proceed or cancel. The button to proceed is Triangle.

Once you continue, you’ll see a message that confirms that the game is being uploaded to the server. Once that succeeds, you’ll get a second message confirming that transfer. Once complete, boot up the PlayStation 4 and follow the next steps below.

1. On the PlayStation 4, in the main menu, select Extras.
  2. On the Extras screen, select Import PlayStation 3 System Save Data. The following message appears: “Checking for save game on server.”
  3. A message appears with a summary of the available save game data. Verify that it matches the previously exported save game data.
  4. You can choose to proceed or cancel. The button to proceed is Triangle.
  5. If you proceed, the following message appears: “Downloading save game from server.”
  6. Once the download completes, you should see the following message: “You have successfully downloaded your save game.”

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,931 Views)

All Replies

Hi @mikecuster1

Have you followed those steps while attempting to transfer your progression from PS3 to PS4?

1. On the PlayStation 3, head on over to the Black Emporium to start the process..
  2. In the Save Game menu, select NEW SAVE GAME and press L2 to export to PlayStation 4.
  3. A message appears to inform you what happens when a save game is exported. Be sure to read the details.
  4. Choose whether to proceed or cancel. The button to proceed is Triangle.

Once you continue, you’ll see a message that confirms that the game is being uploaded to the server. Once that succeeds, you’ll get a second message confirming that transfer. Once complete, boot up the PlayStation 4 and follow the next steps below.

1. On the PlayStation 4, in the main menu, select Extras.
  2. On the Extras screen, select Import PlayStation 3 System Save Data. The following message appears: “Checking for save game on server.”
  3. A message appears with a summary of the available save game data. Verify that it matches the previously exported save game data.
  4. You can choose to proceed or cancel. The button to proceed is Triangle.
  5. If you proceed, the following message appears: “Downloading save game from server.”
  6. Once the download completes, you should see the following message: “You have successfully downloaded your save game.”

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (3,932 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you Ataashi! That did it, save file's been transferred

Message 3 of 4 (3,740 Views)

Happy to hear that @mikecuster1 Standard smile

Have fun hunting dragons and closing rifts! Dragon

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 4 (3,722 Views)