Re: INQUISITION PERK EXPERIENCE bUG.

by Nicholas_Steel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

INQUISITION PERK EXPERIENCE bUG.

★★★★ Novice

I am playing DA on Pc for the record.This is not so much a question ,but a means for me to get this bug out their so maybe Bioware/EA will someday get around to fixing this bug.I have tested out how this bug happens using multiple saves on my character.My character is at level 20 Inquisition perks.My Xp points in the under Attributes is 17500/20000.If I purchase books from the vendor in Skyhold and make my xp go over the 20000 mark lets say 23000 and I fast travel this very annoying sound bug occurs,so every time I exit my menu I hear the bass like sound of gaining power or a perk.This persists every time I open the menu and close it.Any time I start save where i have 17500xp and I take it over 20000 by killing Corypheus,the frost dragon in Hakkon,etc it happens right after fast travel.PLEASE FIX this Bioware how hard is it to fix bugs when you get payed million for these games by fans.Then pump us out game after game loaded with bugs.

Message 1 of 7 (5,263 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Wow okay, so when I first messed with Cheat Engine I wasn't paying enough attention and didn't notice that Influence XP wasn't reset to 0 each time it increased in level. This means that lowering it enough will decrease my Influence rank! I was originally trying to re-level to level 21 in case something bugged the first time around however it seems rank 21 isn't supposed to be reachable, in light of recent information the Influence Rank Cap is 20 and the game probably shouldn't be allowing Influence to continue to accrue once you hit Rank 20.

I found a solution to the annoying audio issue, however it isn't the most ideal solution because it allows you to continually grind additional Inquisition Rank points to spend.

In order to fix the sound effect issue you have to use software such as Cheat Engine to lower your Inquisition Rank in the game and then Save your progress in-game before walking anywhere (because the game will crash soon after you try to walk more than 20~ steps in any direction, this is presumably because you've tampered with the game process and the game presumably has anti-tamper technology).

I lowered my Influence to 150,000 which caused my Inquisition Rank to fall to 17, saved my gameplay, quit/crashed the game and then loaded up the game from the desktop and continued from the newly created Save File without further issues. The sound has now stopped being played any time I close a menu or Fast Travel, Huzzah! Reaching Rank 18, 19, 20 etc. again will give me an extra Inquisition Rank point to spend (only downside to this "solution").

Presumably the problem may re-occur when I again hit Inquisition Rank 20 but I can again lower my Inquisition Rank to keep working around the issue if the problem arises again.

You can use this Cheat Table with Cheat Engine to manipulate your Influence (unsure if it exclusively works for the GOTY Edition): https://mega.nz/#!q5w0HSSB!YlHi2KiCqPyDsfHh0bz_ppNrrkpXQJbJjDfN1LKC8r4

1) Open the game and load your Save File.

2) Open the Cheat Table I linked to above, with Cheat Engine.

3) Click the flashing button (top left) in Cheat Engine to bring up a list of software processes.

4) Select the games process.

5) At the bottom of Cheat Engine should be a selection of things you can tweak that pertain to gameplay elements.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (5,264 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just encountered this issue my self. :/ the Inquisition Level Up sound occurs any time I close a menu/map/journal and the game will not trigger the actual Inquisition Perk level-up process regardless of how much influence I have. Gaining more Influence doesn't trigger the Level-up process, all that does is cause my Influence to overflow (My next level up occurs at 20,000 Influence but I've got 27,000~ Influence now after seeing if purchasing some deeds would force the Level-Up to occur (it didn't)...

Message 2 of 7 (5,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It looks like Cheat Engine might not be able to resolve this issue. If I lower my Influence below the Level Up threshold and then increase it in-game the Level-Up process still won't trigger. If I give my self an Inquisition Perk and spend it the game won't update my Influence Goal for the next Level Up (it still says I'm rank 20 with a goal of 20,000 influence to level up the inquisition).

Of the Cheat Engine Tables I found, I couldn't see anything else that could've potentially resolved the issue.

Also the game has annoying anti-tamper technology which causes it to quit 15~ seconds after changing part of it with Cheat Engine, so each time you change something via Cheat Engine you must quickly perform an in-game save before the anti-tamper DRM causes the game to instantly quit, you can then load the game and your new save file without issue.

Message 3 of 7 (5,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

a  20 Perks is a hard cap.  No more are possible.

Regardless of what the Inquisitor does, you will not gain any more.

b. This is not a "bug" and there is no further development for this game. 

BioWare has moved on.

Message 4 of 7 (5,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Than the bug would be the repeated triggering of the Influence Rank Up sound every time you close a menu (crafting station, inventory, character personalization, journal, map etc) and this audio bug doesn't stop if you illegitimately lower your influence below the cap either.

And yeah I know the game is basically not in development anymore.

Message 5 of 7 (5,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Wow okay, so when I first messed with Cheat Engine I wasn't paying enough attention and didn't notice that Influence XP wasn't reset to 0 each time it increased in level. This means that lowering it enough will decrease my Influence rank! I was originally trying to re-level to level 21 in case something bugged the first time around however it seems rank 21 isn't supposed to be reachable, in light of recent information the Influence Rank Cap is 20 and the game probably shouldn't be allowing Influence to continue to accrue once you hit Rank 20.

I found a solution to the annoying audio issue, however it isn't the most ideal solution because it allows you to continually grind additional Inquisition Rank points to spend.

In order to fix the sound effect issue you have to use software such as Cheat Engine to lower your Inquisition Rank in the game and then Save your progress in-game before walking anywhere (because the game will crash soon after you try to walk more than 20~ steps in any direction, this is presumably because you've tampered with the game process and the game presumably has anti-tamper technology).

I lowered my Influence to 150,000 which caused my Inquisition Rank to fall to 17, saved my gameplay, quit/crashed the game and then loaded up the game from the desktop and continued from the newly created Save File without further issues. The sound has now stopped being played any time I close a menu or Fast Travel, Huzzah! Reaching Rank 18, 19, 20 etc. again will give me an extra Inquisition Rank point to spend (only downside to this "solution").

Presumably the problem may re-occur when I again hit Inquisition Rank 20 but I can again lower my Inquisition Rank to keep working around the issue if the problem arises again.

You can use this Cheat Table with Cheat Engine to manipulate your Influence (unsure if it exclusively works for the GOTY Edition): https://mega.nz/#!q5w0HSSB!YlHi2KiCqPyDsfHh0bz_ppNrrkpXQJbJjDfN1LKC8r4

1) Open the game and load your Save File.

2) Open the Cheat Table I linked to above, with Cheat Engine.

3) Click the flashing button (top left) in Cheat Engine to bring up a list of software processes.

4) Select the games process.

5) At the bottom of Cheat Engine should be a selection of things you can tweak that pertain to gameplay elements.

Message 6 of 7 (5,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

You can also use Frosty https://frostytoolsuite.com/ and a mod to increase the Inquisition Rank cap to delay the occurrence of the issue (may be easier for some people than the Cheat Engine method of avoiding the issue).

Edit: In hindsight this may not resolve the issue, but it's worth a shot.

Message 7 of 7 (4,541 Views)