Re: I would like to gift the Dragon Age Inquisition game?

by mcsupersport

Original Post

I would like to gift the Dragon Age Inquisition game?

★★★ Newbie

I would like to gift the Dragon Age Inquisition game to some friends but they don't have an Origin account?

Message 1 of 2 (262 Views)

Re: I would like to gift the Dragon Age Inquisition game?

To play the game on PC, you have to have an Origin account.  So either before or after they get the game, they will have to create an account to be able to play.  So unless it is going to be a surprise gift then the best way would be to get them to create an adult account, friend you then let you gift them the game.  If it is going to be a surprise gift, then it would be much harder requiring you to find a place that sells just the key codes(and are in fact legal DAI codes) and then send them the code and let them create the account and activate it.  The reason I say about the legality of the codes is I am sure there are legally sold codes for DAI BUT there are also scam sites that sell quasi legal to full on fraudulent codes and you have to be careful who you buy from. 

I guess you could create an Origin account for them(which would also require you linking it to a email address not currently used for Origin) and put the game on it, and then give them all the log in info, but that may be technically against EA rules....I don't know them well enough to say for sure, and it may also cause issues later if they have an issue with the account.   If it is against the rules, then the account may get locked and all sorts of issues may come about.  So by far the best is to have them create an Origin account and gift them direct since they need one to play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (247 Views)