I cant play DAI because they wont recognize my new email!

by TheForlorn98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cant play DAI because they wont recognize my new email!

★ Novice

So there's a long story behind this but we will skip to the meat of it. I have an Ea account that was connected to my ps4 when I owned DAi for it. I sell it and later on purchase an xbox one. They have different emails. Then I purchase DAi again for my xbox. I end up changing my email on my xbox and making a new ea account. So I download Dai afterwards and try to play. Keep in mind the new ea account  and new email are already in place. So when i try to connect to the online service it says "welcome back really old email, you need an Ea account to use online features. So I put in my new Id. It says that id already exist. Doesn't even give me an option to say hey this isn't my email anymore. Please help. I just wanna play dAi.

Message 1 of 5 (457 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cant play DAI because they wont recognize my new email!

Then sounds like your Xbox account is linked to the old EA account.  Which if true, means you will need to talk to EA main support and chat with an advisor to get them to unlink the account. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (400 Views)

All Replies

I am a PC player....so excuse the questions if they make no sense....

You say when you try to log in, it says, "Welcome back really old email.."??   I assume that means the game registers the old email you had for Xbox instead of the latest one you are using??  If so, where in the xbox system settings is that set??  Cause if you have a clean xbox, and a clean DAI, it can't just pick your old email out of thin air....so somewhere on your Xbox machine, xbox account or tied to the purchase of the game is the offending email.

If I am understanding the steps right, it is reading your old email doesn't have an EA account, and wants you to create one, but when you enter your new EA account it shows it as in existence already because that account name is tied to the new email address.  So I think the issue is going to be related to your stock email with your gamer ID or some such....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 5 (434 Views)

★ Novice

That's just the thing. The old email it address me by was never used on my Xbox. The email it called me was used on my playstation. I had too different emails for the consoles.

Message 3 of 5 (411 Views)

Then sounds like your Xbox account is linked to the old EA account.  Which if true, means you will need to talk to EA main support and chat with an advisor to get them to unlink the account. 

Message 4 of 5 (401 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the advice. 

Message 5 of 5 (397 Views)