Re: I can't log in to my origin account from within Dragon Age: Inquisition

by miamc12321f

Original Post

I can't log in to my origin account from within Dragon Age: Inquisition

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi.

I bought Dragon Age Inquisitions for PC through the Origin's site and I made a new account due to losing access to my old one. I went into the Dragon Age Keep and tailored a history of previous Dragon Age games to fit my tastes but I can't seem to access it.

When I try to log in to my Origin Account from the in-game main menu, I get an error message saying:

Online Connection

You must be signed in to Origin to access online features. Please Go Online in the Origin Window and try again.

The issue is that I am online in the Origin Window but it's apparently not... registering? How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 9 (11,814 Views)

★★★ Guide

You have to make sure the log in information you use for the dragon age servers, Origin and Dragon Age Keep are all the same.

If it is the same, then log in to Origin first, and when you start up DAI it should automatically connect to the dragon age servers (if you've checked that option in the DAI options). I can't remember exactly how the connection is set up the first time from within DAI, I only did it once back in November.

If Origin is offline, DAI cannot connect to the Dragon Age Servers.

The reason why the Keep has to be the same is there is no log on to import the information, it only checks the keep for exported information stored under the same name as your Origin ID.

Message 2 of 9 (11,759 Views)

★ Novice

This doesn't make any sense. I'm logged in to Origin and both my logins are exactly the same but it won't connect. It connects on my PS4 but not the PC.

Message 3 of 9 (10,574 Views)

★★★ Expert

Make sure your firewall is not blocking DAI, you may need to set it to ALLOW internet access rather than automatic, depending on your firewall.

Message 4 of 9 (10,566 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know it's been long time but I have same issue. You found some solution?

Message 5 of 9 (9,167 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone found a solution to this yet

Message 6 of 9 (5,247 Views)

★★ Novice

if anyone trying to fix this in 2021 Clear cache to fix problems with your games your welcome Standard smile

Message 7 of 9 (5,227 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope.  Didn't work.  It's still doing it.  I have never had this problem before.  Cleared, repaired, updated... still.

Message 8 of 9 (4,189 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Inquisition, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (4,061 Views)