I can't get DAI to open at all. It's always worked up until a couple days ago?

by CleverSugar05

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't get DAI to open at all. It's always worked up until a couple days ago?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I went to play the game a few days ago and I couldn't get it to open. I thought maybe I had messed up the files so I reinstalled the game, but even two completely fresh installs don't help. Looking at Task Manager the ActivationUI.exe doesn't even show up. I've tried everything listed below:

Checked graphics drivers

Disabled full screen optimization

Tried to run as administrator

Tried to run in compatibility mode

Tried to run on a clean boot of Windows

Repaired the game

Deleted everything and reinstalled 3 times

Reinstalled Direct X and VC Redist

Tried to run offline

Told Origin not to run in game

Tried to run with virus protection turned off

Cleaned out Origin Cache completely

Dragon Age Inquisition is the only game that is giving me this problem, and I don't know what else to do. It looks like it's not even showing up on the Windows Reliability Monitor because the game just won't open at all! 

EDIT: I've found that it works on other user profiles on my computer. What might be causing that?

Message 1 of 5 (929 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't get DAI to open at all. It's always worked up until a couple days ag

Hero

@CleverSugar05 It could be that your user profile is somehow corrupted, you could try creating a new user profile for yourself in windows and copying everything from your old user folder (generally C:\Users\[username]) to your new one. (Window support page on the subject here). Less hassle than reinstalling Windows, anyway. 

Otherwise, it's probably as mcsupersport said above, there are a lot of programs that, for some reason, cause issues with this game. The worst culprits (that I remember, anyway) being AVG/Avast anti-malware programs and Razer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (844 Views)

All Replies

Re: I can't get DAI to open at all. It's always worked up until a couple days ag

Two things I would suspect is a corrupted file or something associated with your profile, either the Windows one or the Origin cache one.  The second and probably most likely would be a cross program interference of something that doesn't load on the other profile.  Could be anything from a program loaded for your banking to a mouse control program(Razor comes to mind) or a peripheral that was/is loaded on your machine....it can be many things, you can maybe find it by doing a clean boot and limiting everything but what is needed to run DAI.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (906 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried to run a clean boot on my user profile and I still have the same issue. I wonder if resetting my PC (reinstalling Widows but keeping my files) would help, or if the issue would still be there because my files are still present?

Message 3 of 5 (861 Views)

Hero

@CleverSugar05 It could be that your user profile is somehow corrupted, you could try creating a new user profile for yourself in windows and copying everything from your old user folder (generally C:\Users\[username]) to your new one. (Window support page on the subject here). Less hassle than reinstalling Windows, anyway. 

Otherwise, it's probably as mcsupersport said above, there are a lot of programs that, for some reason, cause issues with this game. The worst culprits (that I remember, anyway) being AVG/Avast anti-malware programs and Razer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Before you come again with a corrupt user on Windows, it's not the case on my machine I use and I was able to start the game on 12.1.2023 and it runs as it should. The issue is the stupid online thing you build with the EA-App. I have brought the game via Steam, and all other games I have brought via Steam are working. Even my UPlay games are working in offline-mode, but just this dumb Game which seems to relies on ONLINE Functionalities from a almost not working laiuncher. Can you not simply make this game DRM Free? The best revenues of this game are long ago, and seriously, almost everyone knows that EA saw better times in thr past. I demand a patch which makes this game DRM Free. A official one. 

And yes, I moved from the German part of the Community, since there noone answers on the issues there. 

Message 5 of 5 (355 Views)