Re: How to find the patch/version you're using of DA:I

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to find the patch/version you're using of DA:I

★ Novice

Hey there,

Where do I find which version of Dragon Age Inquisition I'm playing? Aka which patch I'm at. I'm pretty sure for PC we should be on the 3rd patch at this time, but I've been unable to find that information in Origin or In-Game. 

The reason why I'm asking is because I went to load a save (.das file) I made at a friends place on her game and every time I try to load it it gives me this error: "This save data was created with a newer version of the game. Please download the latest patch and try again." Which is really odd because we're both playing official versions of the game and as far as I'm concerned I'm using the newest patch. I have my settings set to automatically update my games, and when I right-click to go and update the game from Origin it's greyed out (I assume because I'm already using the latest version). If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 16 (93,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

How to check for game version

C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\_Installer
(or your game installation folder if on a different drive or in a different location)

file -> installerdata.xml

(5th line down from the top)
<gameVersion version="1.0.0.?"  />
1.0.0.2 patch    (released Dec. 9, 2014)
1.0.0.3 hotfix    (released Dec 10, 2014)

(current game version is 1.0.0.5- at the time of this post)

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (105,275 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

How to check for game version

C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\_Installer
(or your game installation folder if on a different drive or in a different location)

file -> installerdata.xml

(5th line down from the top)
<gameVersion version="1.0.0.?"  />
1.0.0.2 patch    (released Dec. 9, 2014)
1.0.0.3 hotfix    (released Dec 10, 2014)

(current game version is 1.0.0.5- at the time of this post)

Message 2 of 16 (105,276 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for this post, I needed to find this information.

But surely this information should be available from within the game itself.

How hard would it be to have a Show Version option on the game startup menu

Message 3 of 16 (92,772 Views)

★★ Pro

@LarryB2 wrote:

Thanks for this post, I needed to find this information.

But surely this information should be available from within the game itself.

How hard would it be to have a Show Version option on the game startup menu

That's Bioware for you....

Message 4 of 16 (85,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Just to close things out, the last patch for DA: Inquisition was Patch 11, released for PCs on Oct 15, 2015.

It will display as: <gameVersion version="1.0.0.12"/>

in the above referenced file.

(The PC-only Hotfix v1.0.0.3 was issued without a corresponding Patch number, hence the "one-higher than the patch number" version number.)

Message 5 of 16 (56,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

YES BUT it still don't resolve the issue with why my saved games and why they will not load yes I used mods but now I cant even load the save game stupid patch thing keeps coming up but everything is updated I did all I was asked by the adviser and still my saved games won't load my dragon age inquisition will play a new game but I can not load my saved game was doing the boss and the dlcs before I did trespasser it worked fine two days ago now it won't even work none of the saves will load I did everything I spoke to three advisers and everything I did still did not resolve this issue its really irritating  I uninstall reinstall update repair same issue please someone help please its driving me bonkers

Message 6 of 16 (37,142 Views)

Some mods change patch number in saves.  You have to go into a file and edit the patch number to get it to work.  You can Google this, or wait until I or someone else can get back to you on how to do this. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 16 (37,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@THESCARREDONES;

(This has been posted many, many places. Google is your friend...)

File:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\package.mft

1.  Open with any ASCII text editor.

2.  Increment the "version" number by one.

3.  Try to load your saved game.

4.  Rinse/Repeat until the save loads.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 8 of 16 (37,112 Views)

★ Guide

We are now on patch 12. In the package.mft it is listed as: Version 12. I used your method of changing numbers. Trying to change back is the problem. I wanted to start a new game, but I needed to load a current after win saved game. It had the higher version number. So I changed the version number higher again to load that game. The problem is that DAI takes you right in to a new game. I tried changing the numbers back while playing the game, but the game remembers the original. Since I started the game yesterday, I have 25 saves. I can't load any of them.

I have changed my player from male to female. As far as I know, you have to do a full playthrough with the new character before you can save it in Dragon Keep. I completed the playthrough yesterday, playing almost the entire game with my game version up to 13. With the new game started, I played all last night and never had to load a game. I went to sleep this morning and when I woke up and tried to play the game, I get the error "The Save Data Was Created With Newest Version of Game ... ." So now I am trying to find the correct variable in the save game to change so that I can play the game again with the correct version numbers.

If anybody knows what and where the variables within the saved game are and would post them here, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Message 9 of 16 (32,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@dwharper34;  Well, no.  There is no such thing as "Patch 12".

Patch 11 was the last patch released.

The game version number (on PC, and PC only) is 12 because there was a hotfix for the PC between Patch 2 and Patch 3.

Message 10 of 16 (31,610 Views)