Re: How can I remove Jaws of Haakon Advertisement?

by mushashi7

Original Post

How can I remove Jaws of Haakon Advertisement?

★★ Novice

Hello,

I just bought Inquisition. It used to have this really nice start menu, but now it has been replaced with a static advertisement for the Jaws of Haakon DLC. I would like to remove this. I just got the game and don't plan on purchasing the DLC any time soon ( I may in the future). 

I find this form of advertising to be very intrusive, especially since the advertisement takes up the entire screen and replaces the beautiful animated start screen with a static advertisement for something I don't want right now. 

Can I disable this? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

(P.S. Yes, I know it goes away once I click Load or Resume, but this advertising technique still bothers me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered to make this post.)

Message 1 of 8 (1,303 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've not been able to play for awhile so I can't test this atm. But I had set the game to not automatically log me into Origin. This stopped the old ad from showing. If you need to log in it can be done manually from the main menu screen easily.

Message 2 of 8 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm unsure what system you're playing on, but on the PC, I have disabled the Origin overlay, which slows down the framerate. Never have gotten a single ad.

If this is popping up on the console, that is a nono, imho and should absolutely be adressed ona  wide scle with a resounding message of "Do not do this again,please".

You could try disabling Origin, as suggested. It will still upload your stats, achievements and The Keep information when you login next and it syncs your save.
Once that's done, you can disable it again.

Message 3 of 8 (1,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Elric301 wrote:

I'm unsure what system you're playing on, but on the PC, I have disabled the Origin overlay, which slows down the framerate. Never have gotten a single ad.

I play on PC with Origin overlay disabled and I get the ad, even after buying the DLC no less.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 8 (1,154 Views)

★★ Novice

Guys -- thanks for the ideas. Yes, I'm playing on a PC. 

I agree -- there should be an "x" or something that allows me to permanently dismiss the advertisement, but it isn't there. I'll try removing the overlay and logggin out of Origin. I'm also going to contact Origin about this just to let them know. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It's not that the picture is ugly or something.

It's the principle that advertismenet is not to be found within an item you paid for. It's a step over the line.

Companies become more and more agressive in their advertisements.

I hate commercials to be honest. They are like annoying creepy snakes everywhere. And they just waste my time.
If i need something I go look for it. I hate people or companies sneaking in on you to sell you useless junk.

My philosophy is and have always been:
A good thing spreads mouth to mouth. It doesn't need advertising.

When I pay I don't want commercials.

Message 6 of 8 (1,143 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, I've bought Inquisition (Deluxe+Jaws) and it took me just a moment to get angry after I saw this.

This...Ad...appears, if you are logged in the Dragon Age Keep and it has nothing to do with Origin overlay etc.

I would like to see it disappear, just because I like to spend minute or two before jumping into the game watching endless march of templars and mages and yes, I know I can watch it at "Click to Continue" screen.

Message 7 of 8 (740 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The most ridiculous thing is that even after buying and installing the DLC, the advertisement is still there.

Message 8 of 8 (733 Views)