Hold Position command

by ggiant885

Original Post

Re: Hold Position command

★★★★ Guide

Oh no, I realise that the patches for this game stopped coming out a while ago, I'm just annoyed and disappointed that it's a mechanic that was never fixed. Especially since some of the puzzles in the game requires that "hold Position" functions in order to properly solve them. 

Message 11 of 14 (532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@halloweenchild13;  Yes, some of the puzzles do require that your Companions "Hold Position" in order to activate certain items.  And it's a royal PitA to have to keep issuing that order to the rest of the Party when your running around with the one you're controlling... But it does work, and it allows you to complete the "Dead Hand" puzzle.  (I assume that's the one you're talking about.)  I've done it that way about a dozen times.  Never like it, but always get through it.  Sick

[EDIT:  There will be no further "patches" to DAI, so no sense in continuing to whinge about this issue. Simply employ the workarounds and get past it.]

Message 12 of 14 (508 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ThandalNLyman See my above comment. As I said there, I am well aware that the patches stopped coming for this game years ago, it's just a shame they left a crucial mechanic broken, maybe they fixed it at some point but a different fix/patch broke it, I don't know, I'm not a dev. I'm just expressing my disappointment rather than frustration. As for workarounds, I am currently trying one that works for 90% of the time before the AI decides to reset, It's frustrating but I'm dealing with it.
Message 13 of 14 (500 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Not "crucial", since we're able to complete the quest without any patch. And again, there will be no updates from the devs.

Message 14 of 14 (495 Views)