Re: Hissing Waste "Lost Connection to Session" Bug

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Hissing Waste "Lost Connection to Session" Bug

★★★ Newbie

When I enter the hissing waste, I can walk around as much as I like until I reach on of the first Cove Rifts, with the Pride and Rage demons. I can fight them for a few hits, but then the game crashes and I'm returned to menu with a "You have lost your connection to the session."

I have tried lowering all the graphics to low, repairing and updating the game, and replaying from a previous save point. I have no mods. Its one of the first rifts so I can't exactly walk past it. I've played through almost the whole game, except this part, with no trouble.

Message 1 of 7 (733 Views)

Does having Origin offline make any difference??

Does taking the machine off the internet completely make any difference??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 7 (700 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Being off-line or losing the connection makes no difference within the game. (Except for multi-player, obviously.)
Message 3 of 7 (675 Views)

@ThandalNLyman

The issue is when you get this it is IN SINGLE player gaming....and boots you back to menu, thus making you lose all progress from last save....as it is in SINGLE player, it SHOULDN'T make a difference but for some weird reason it does....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 7 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@mcsupersport;  I'm in the middle of my umpteenth DAI playthrough (over 3200 hours total) and have had the "connection lost" message pop-up many, many times.  During the 115 hours of my current game it does seem to be occurring more frequently than in previous runs.  It happens (apparently) at random, in almost all the different regions, and It hasn't had any impact. 

But I'm wondering what platform @DiddleDoddle is using. I see the same words as in the bottom-left of that screenshot but am not returned to the Main Menu. I simply acknowledge the message and keep going.

[EDIT:  And now I see... You were recommending  that @DiddleDoddle try going off-line to get past the sticking point.  Good idea!]

Message 5 of 7 (647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried setting origin offline, turning off my internet completely before I even started the game, and starting in another place. I'm currently in the Frostback Basin (gave up on hissing wastes) And I've gotten to the Ameridan's Trail quest with minor problems, but now I can't go into battle without the game crashing completely or "Lost Connection" cutting me off

Message 6 of 7 (603 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DiddleDoddle;  What platform are you on?

Message 7 of 7 (577 Views)