Re: Hero of Ferelden Return ?

by Dvveebo

Original Post

Hero of Ferelden Return ?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The story that impacted me the most was Dragon Age Origins (The Hero of Ferelden). I fell in love with my character  and bought every DLC available  to continue his story. I understand there was a vote in 2012 that most players voted to kill him off. The results of that vote was not having him appear in future games at all. I completely find this unfair  that he won't appear but there will always be something mentioning him if you choose to go with the ritual in DAO. My warden was indeed a hero and decided the world was better with him in it instead of the other way around. He loved the thrill of solving problems and being somebody everybody could count on. I find it hard to believe he would just sit idle when the world is in danger even if he is finding a cure for the calling. 

What I am asking the community is can we start a petition to bring him back ????? 2012 was so long ago  and I would love to see the Warden Commander return. I know I can't be the only one who feels this way. In the epilogue it says his story is far from over and it absolutely feels like it's over. DA2 talking to Badahn Feddic people in the world are still expecting great things from the Hero Of Ferelden. Honestly I am to and that's why I'm so bothered by this decision. Does anybody have any information on how  I can write to the developers to reopen the vote or at lease voice my opinion on a open forum they read. Dragon Age 4 is suppose to becoming out Next Year I would love to see The Hero of Ferelden have an impact on the story just like Hawke has in Inquisition. 

Message 1 of 6 (984 Views)

★ Guide

Normal circumstances mean that Darkspawn only show up every other few hundreds of years or something???
But with the storyline leaning towards angry demi-gods becoming involved in things, that might mean that the typical Darkspawn scheduling isn't as standard as it was previously. 

If they were to ever bring back the Hero of Fereldan, in the next game/s, it'd have to be as a killable enemy. 
The whole point of The Joining was that our Hero of Fereldan character was a ""Deadman, walking"".
Being a Warden of the Grey is a life sentence with a variable attached. ( 'X' = when?) 

It goes against the lore to continue to play as our Warden - since Grey Warden eventually become Darkspawn. 

The only storyline that would work for a continued Warden storyline is one where;
The Warden doesn't realize they're losing touch with their morality,
remains topside-unharmed and intact,
denies their urges to go underground thus suffering through physical pain with loss of cognition,
eventually-unwittingly fully transforming into a darkspawn,
and then finally murdering anyone within the vicinity.  (Potentially any Party members, lovers, or civilians) 
Then from there, they'd possibly linger top side and become the visible evidence of another blight occurring...
Or after they'd slaughtered everyone, their connection to the horde would be the only thing remaining, and call them into the Deep Roads, where they'd settle down with a nice Broodmother and raise their darkspawn children to be the soldiers of the future blight. 

Any ('Good') Warden with foresight would know that they-themselves have to die before becoming something evil.

Some Wardens might be able to feel when they're slipping away from reality, and know that the Deep Roads call to them -  some might know to answer that call and go for it. 
Others who would deny that logic, and ignore that calling, blindly, in favor of "staying to solve problems & care for others" would be ""paving a road to hell with good intentions."" 

When you have that kind curse upon you, that burden, a hero wouldn't linger. As doing so would be an unnecessary risk. 
(An npc would probably remind our character of this, if our character wasn't able to distinguish this.) 

Chaotic/evil, or Neutral-neutral characters might remain, but there'd be little to gain in doing that... People with these kind of alignments might find it more rewarding to become the Archdemon. (Via killing it and taking it's place as the next.) 

Message 2 of 6 (950 Views)

★ Guide

@Jason_Newborn wrote:

[...]
Does anybody have any information on how  I can write to the developers to reopen the vote or at lease voice my opinion on a open forum they read. Dragon Age 4 is suppose to becoming out Next Year I would love to see The Hero of Ferelden have an impact on the story just like Hawke has in Inquisition. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/battlefront-2-ideas/m-p/9651414#M18540
Also, I was rereading your post, and decided I'd pass ^this along to you. 
Since your post reminded me of the time I happened upon this (in the link above)... 
This is all the information I personally have when it comes to ""how to get ideas noticed by Devs on an EA site.""
Failing that, I'd assume there's a way to get noticed by EA Devs on Twitter or some such 'popular social media site' - but I don't use such things. 

(It took me 18mins to track down that post! I'm surprised I even remembered it. But I suppose it did sort of inspire me, so how could I forget it...)  

If DA4 is coming out next year though, most of the story is already probably solidified/unchangeable.
(Maybe you could propose a Warden spin off or Warden based DLC, someplace?)  

Message 3 of 6 (942 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank your for replying 😊i read everything you said and I disagree as it goes a Grey Warden was cured from from the taint. That's why if your wardens alive and romance he goes missing to search for a cure. Years have passed by I understand this but I am also certain there hinting at him living a little while longer DA0 they gave us Wardens Keep DLC  with you being able to choose to spare the mage and allow  him to continue working on ways to improve the lives of wardens. DA2 you get a letter for sparing him and  the outcome of his results depending on what you choose. DA3 depending on what you choose your warden is alive and well but out of action the world is chaotic and I just don't understand him setting on the sidelines and not helping them with a quest or two.

Message 4 of 6 (814 Views)

★★ Novice
@Dvveebo Thank you so much for replying its sort of a let down if he doesn't return after buying all the DLC and building him up to be a compassionate Hero who loves Ferelden
Message 5 of 6 (812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Jason_Newborn wrote:

Thank your for replying 😊i read everything you said and I disagree as it goes a Grey Warden was cured from from the taint. That's why if your wardens alive and romance he goes missing to search for a cure. Years have passed by I understand this but I am also certain there hinting at him living a little while longer DA0 they gave us Wardens Keep DLC  with you being able to choose to spare the mage and allow  him to continue working on ways to improve the lives of wardens. DA2 you get a letter for sparing him and  the outcome of his results depending on what you choose. DA3 depending on what you choose your warden is alive and well but out of action the world is chaotic and I just don't understand him setting on the sidelines and not helping them with a quest or two.

Thank you so much for replying its sort of a let down if he doesn't return after buying all the DLC and building him up to be a compassionate Hero who loves Ferelden

Oh yeah ... I completely forgot about the Wardens Keep DLC! 

Mostly, I only used it for the merchants you can get thereafter.

(My top combative companions were given the best . . . My original Dwarf included - but that goes without saying.)

Since you mentioned it, I wanted to replay DA:O to experience the Warden's Keep DLC again.
But the Dragon Age servers or some such don't work on the xbox generation which I'm playing on. (I'll have to dig up my old 360 if I want to play the Dlc, I suppose.) 

The *new* character I'm playing on (since last night) has been completely randomly generated (Through real life coin flipping and dice rolling). 
Although, Duncan's beginning speech has always been inspiring - It's a lot more bleak to think on it now...

The ""Sacrifice"" Grey Wardens commit to (in order to) end a blight is superficial after the introduction of a potential cure. 
The Grey Wardens have always been a bit morally questionable - when you consider the conscriptions & conscripted... 
However, with the B.Mage in the Warden's Keep & The Cure - things I once saw as noble through Duncan's emotional delivery are a bit more tarnished now. 
(& that's probably the point they wanted to make. Considering the things that happened at the Keep. & How The Cure is even being fashioned when you first come across the concept. ) 

The world (that Dragon Age events are occurring on) seems to be a pretty big & busy place.

Plenty of things could have come up, to engage the Warden, and distract them from being readily available to their typical social circle. 

For my (Original) Warden, the conscription was the only way to safety. (Out of the Lava and into the darkspawn.) I personally wouldn't have them leave the Order via a cure.
But for those select few who don't want to go down with that ship ;  there should be some Easter eggs or Dlc for those cured wardens, IMO... I hope that's not something overlooked in the next Dragon Age game. 

Message 6 of 6 (774 Views)