Re: Having DA:I tech issues!

by Smurf_Acc0unt_11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Having DA:I tech issues!

★★ Novice

I cannot for the life of me get DA:I to work. It crashes before loading completes. If I can get the game to load it crashes after 30 seconds of game play. I got the game though Steam. When I try to open the game up through the Steam app as admin, I get the game isn't installed. Also cant get ME:A to connect for online play. Does EA have an issue with Bioware games? I took a screenshot of the DA:I crash report. Don't know it if will help. 

Message 1 of 3 (810 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

The crash report refers to aswhook.dll, which is associated with AVG and Avast antivirus.

Avast and AVG have always been problematic with this game. Try making an exclusion for all Origin and Dragon Age Inquisition folders.

I have personally had so many issues with Avast and AVG that I ended up switching to Malwarebytes, which I think is much better for people who use their PC to play videogames.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (780 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

The crash report refers to aswhook.dll, which is associated with AVG and Avast antivirus.

Avast and AVG have always been problematic with this game. Try making an exclusion for all Origin and Dragon Age Inquisition folders.

I have personally had so many issues with Avast and AVG that I ended up switching to Malwarebytes, which I think is much better for people who use their PC to play videogames.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I I’m so mad . I played a ranked game With random’s and I got over 40 points in ranked and after we died and I went to the lobby and I didn’t get my points.

Message 3 of 3 (468 Views)