Golden Nug Refuses to Show Up

by Stewart17704

Original Post

Golden Nug Refuses to Show Up

★★★★ Novice

I see some people have had this problem recently.  I'm not entirely sure this is a Bioware issue.  I finished a game on Xbox One, saved it, got to Tresspasser and loaded up on the Golden Nug just fine.  I started a new game on my PC (Windows 10) this time and there is no Golden Nug.  I have logged into Dragon Age Keep, I have saved up all my schematics, I have logged out, restarted, resaved all to  no avail.  I just can't seem to get the Nug to appear to get my schematics.  It's there in Xbox One and my PC DOES load the World State just fine that I have saved.  So, where is the Nug?  I don't have too many saves, so I'm not overloaded there.  

But, it doesn't make sense that the World State shows up fine, but not the Golden Nug.

Anyone else have a similar issue that they could help with this?  I would greatly appreciate it.  It's not vital to my game play, but it's driving me crazy Standard smile

Message 1 of 9 (1,983 Views)

Re: Golden Nug Refuses to Show Up

Community Manager

@Stewart17704 Hmm, that's odd.

Testing on my account it's showing up and working fine after the issues the other day. 

Can you try loading a post-ending save and interacting there, and see if that helps it to appear? 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,962 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I did that already.  Usually that works for me for Xbox.  This is the first time playing on the PC.  So maybe I'm doing something wrong, but for the life of me, can't figure it out.

Message 3 of 9 (1,955 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Question:  Do I have to FINISH Trespasser for this to work?  Or does the end of the game end with Corypheus defeat?

Message 4 of 9 (1,947 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry, one more question:  Do you think  it would benefit me at all to create a separate account in DAKeep for my PC?  Do you think that would make a difference?  And, if so, how would I connect the PC game to the separate new DAKeep account?  Thanks

Message 5 of 9 (1,944 Views)

Community Manager

@Stewart17704I used the same account on PC and Xbox One and had no issues with the keep/importing my worldstate, so I don't think that'll be necessary.

As far as I'm aware Corypheus' defeat should be enough to trigger the "end of game" state, Trespasser shouldn't be necessary for it to appear.

It really does sound like you're doing everything right. Do you have any mods, or would you have previously edited the version number? 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 9 (1,926 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I did have mods, but have turned them all off.  I even started a new game with no mods.  I'm wondering if because this is the first time I am playing this game on a PC, that it is essentially a "first game", so the nug won't show up until Trespasser.  Which, would explain why my World State DID load at the beginning of the game.  I will finish the game and see if that is the problem.

Thanks!!

Message 7 of 9 (1,918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

FYI, ok, yes, it seems that since I have never played on my PC before, it considers it a new game despite having played on Xbox and having the World State import.  So, for those who have played on Xbox and saved every game on Dragon Age Keep, then suddenly decide they want to play on the PC, well, basically you are starting over Standard smile.  You would think that with the world state importing OK, even for a first play through on the PC, it wouldn't matter, but it does.  And, my obsessiveness concludes.

Thanks for the help and glad it was all figured out.

Message 8 of 9 (1,906 Views)

Community Manager

Ah, sorry for not jumping on this part earlier in the conversation. Yeah the Nug will only share progress on a single platform. I completely understand why one might assume otherwise, since it connects online, and the issues with the worldstate server the other day also affected the Nug. 

Thanks for coming back and for all the information you've given. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,894 Views)