Re: Gamepad support broken

by valsi461

Original Post

★★ Novice

solution not working for me See my post.

Message 21 of 29 (1,242 Views)

★★ Novice

I have xbox 360 wireless controller(with reciever for windows of course) and game not respond to any button pressing. So I even can't start the game with gamepad.

Tried  all of the solutions above but it's not working.

Ironically gamepad support was one of key decision to buy this game because DAO and DA2 have no gamepad support and imagined how at last I enjoy playing DAI on big screen from my sofaStandard smile

Message 22 of 29 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing for me, Wireless Xbox 360 controller and nothing on this thread works for me, at all. I've closed everything I can, and the game will not recognize this controller.

Message 23 of 29 (1,211 Views)

★ Novice

None of these fixes for the gamepad are working for me. Nothing else is listed as a controller in the control panel, (I also have a razer naga and razer blackwidow) and toggling the value for the KBM/gamepad isn't helping either. I have a wired 360 controller that works just fine when I play Skyrim. Is there a patch for this on the way?

Message 24 of 29 (1,149 Views)

★★ Novice

This is how i Fixed the Issue (Copy from Freeze Game )

Edit 2: And Fixed for me, now can play on PC with Wireless 360
HowTo:

1.Start Game first Time with Ethernet and connect with Origin / Bioware for Dragon Keep and create your Chara, after that play with the first time you can save your game.
2. quit game and disconnect your connection
3. start again dragon age and in main menu set connection to ethernet to "NO" no information send, and the other, only Save Chara to Keep (sorry not the english menu, only the german Confusedmileyvery-happy: )
4. quit game again and go to " Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save and Open - ProfileOptions_profile - with Editor
5. Look for "GstInput.GamePad 0 and change to 1"
6. Save exit and start game (but first, start 360 wireless)

Important... let Ethernet Disabled,.. i tried it 3 times,.. every time i´m online, game freeze, i´m offline,.. starts fine ^^
Maybe server are bussy and thats the reason,.. but for now, i can play Confusedmileylol:

Message 25 of 29 (1,137 Views)

★ Guide

Had the same issue. For me my Razer Nostromo was present as game device even though it wasnt connected to my computer. Had to disable the HID in control panel. Now it works fine.

Message 26 of 29 (1,118 Views)

★ Novice

360 wireless controller with reciever. Works fine on other games.

DA:I gets stuck at "press start to continue". It's like the controller's dead, but it's fine.

So no controller support here at all.

Selecting controller just means I have to use Windows Task Manager to kill the game, edit the text file and restart the game to get kb&m back.

After lots of crashes and messing about with the game claiming I pulled out my graphics card (seriously what?!), I'm very disappointed that I now can't use my controller.

Message 27 of 29 (944 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I just tweeted to Mark Darrah and apparently none of the Dev are away of the broken Gamepad support for some. Lol.

Message 28 of 29 (756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know this thread is old, but I started playing this game again with keyboard, mouse and controller Logitech F710 in D mode with the Logitech profiler for movement and targeting as I'm disabled in my left hand and need to use the gamepad for movement.  This works on many other games except a couple like Battlefield 3, same problem.  Windows 10.  Anything in the ProfileOptions_profile that I can change to make this work?  I think it's an axis issue.  Description of issue is in my "old" post.

Message 29 of 29 (537 Views)