Game wont launch on steam

by FarawayDC

Original Post

Re: Game wont launch on steam

★★★ Novice

ok after reinstalling it again it still doesnt work, however when i use the other admin account, the game actually launches in the background but closes before it ever comes up

Message 11 of 15 (454 Views)

Hero

@FarawayDC Are you using an AV/Antimalware program? Your issue sounds like what happens when someone has Avast or AVG on their computer, could possibly happen with other programs too (though Windows defender so far hasn't had this issue). If you are using one of those programs, you can try adding global exceptions (must be global, not just scanning, or it won't prevent the issue) for the game, steam, Origin and the game save folder in Documents. You may need to redo this when your AV program updates. Or you can temporarily suspend protection to quickly check if it's what's causing the issue. Or you could switch to a program that knows the difference between a game and malware (again, windows defender is fine). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 15 (416 Views)

★★★ Novice

i only have windows defender and yes ive tried turning off the protection and it still doesnt work

Message 13 of 15 (401 Views)

★★★ Novice

man. i just wanted to finally play this.

Message 14 of 15 (374 Views)

★★★ Novice

so where would i go for further help?

Message 15 of 15 (351 Views)