Game won't launch

by qct59iv6wl

Original Post

Re: Game won't launch: no diagnostic data offered.

Please post a DxDiag file per sticky at top of forum.

Got to say if the game is unmodded, and flickers black screen then back to desktop, 90% or so of the time it is Antivirus causing issues, a few times it is hardware issues and only occasionally something else.

When you added exceptions did you add them for Origin, Origin Games, and DA:I saves files...

And after I tried and failed to put them in, did you put exceptions for the game, or from scanning??  Which AV do you use??  If you only put in scanning then it doesn't help, you have to actually tell it to ignore the game running...slightly different setup as I found out the hard way at a cost of about an hours time...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 21 of 56 (5,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

FIX!!!!!!!!!

Alright So when you open origin go to the game that doesn't launch and click game properties

After that unclick the box the says enable origin for this game (Something like that)

And then if you wait for a min it will launch!

Message 22 of 56 (4,653 Views)

★ Novice

Even with the DA:I on exception and unclicking the box that says enable origin for this game it wont launch.

Message 23 of 56 (4,515 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Sometimes, "Exception" isn't enough (you haven't identified everything necessary.)

Uninstall your POS antivirus software and try again. If that resolves the issue, get a real one.
Message 24 of 56 (4,503 Views)

Re: Game won't launch

★★ Novice
I'm trying to run mine on an Asus. It was supposedly designed for things like this, but DAI starts briefly and then closes. I've tried everything and I just can't get the game to run. Do you have any other suggestions?
Message 25 of 56 (4,349 Views)

@RBCrash2011

That is classic Anti-virus interference symptom.....if you are using AVG or Avast, then refer to the thread about antivirus at top in stickies section.  Basically you need to disable it or put in exceptions/exclusion for Origin, DAI and Saves for DAI to get it to work. 

If you are running something else, then please post a DxDiag file to let us see a bit more about your machine and any possible faults listed for DAI. 

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 26 of 56 (4,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any assistance to why I am having an issue would be helpful

Source
Dragon Age™: Inquisition

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎12/‎13/‎2017 11:38 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\DragonAgeInquisition.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DragonAgeInquisition.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5600f278
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.16299.64
Fault Module Timestamp: 493793ea
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000002039e
OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 860d
Additional Information 2: 860d25ce343a111cb4ed187d77cf0b3e
Additional Information 3: 9e96
Additional Information 4: 9e962d58ef62d1c274e453950f0a69f1

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 6522bc01f2e7d5c016549f5625faca6a (1609086159231306346)

Message 27 of 56 (4,333 Views)

Hero

@DP_KillerBunny Could be one of several things, without more information (such as a full dxdiag) I'll just have to make some guesses.
Common culprits are Razer software, overlay programs (such as AMD gaming evolved, FRAPs, teamviewer, etc), AV programs. You could merely need to do a game repair through Origin. Or it could be an issue with a system file, you can use system file checker to see if that's an issue. Overclocked GPUs (even factory overclocked) are also known to have issues with the game. 

If none of that's helpful, perhaps you could provide us with a dxdiag, instructions in spoilered section here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 28 of 56 (4,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Here is my DxDiag hopefully that helps.

Also the only razer program I had was razer synapse for my mouse but i just shut that down

Hastebin dxdiag

Message 29 of 56 (4,317 Views)

Hero

The Razer software likely starts with your computer, so make sure it's shut down every time. Or try uninstalling it, that has fixed this issue for others in the past. Again, Razer software is a well known cause of this issue.

Did you try repairing the game through Origin? 

Did you add exceptions for the game, Origin and the game files in Documents to your AV program?

Did you try system file checker? I linked to Microsoft instructions for it in my previous post.

You may also want to try a clean boot, in case there is a program running in the background causing the issue. You can find clean boot instructions here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 30 of 56 (4,303 Views)