Re: Game not running

by Fuwaking

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Here's the DxDiag repport.

My screen says toshiba with those numbers on the back, but it's about 7-8 years old now so I would have been a but surprised had you found anything really.

Message 11 of 16 (639 Views)

Well, according to your DxDiag file...

Your native mode is 1920x1080 60.053 Hz and your current mode(what your vid card is outputting) is listed as 1920x1080 (32 bit) 30 Hz.

So I don't know what your TV can handle, but your computer is using a fairly standard output resolution.  This of course MAY be part of the issue....

Also with HDMI you will not get much higher Hz than 30 once you top 1080p resolution so if you are running 2500x XXXX or greater, you usually can't get 60Hz.

You may want to check into your Video card settings and see if this is part of the problem, I know MicroSoft LOVES to mess with video card settings when they do updates.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 16 (617 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The dxdiag has the resolution as 1920 x 1080(i). The 'i' stands for interlaced, meaning every frequency only half of a frame is rendered (it varies between the even and odd numbered lines).

I don't know how to deal with that in a modern PC game. You could try setting the game's refresh rate to 30 in the options, or in the ProfileOptions_profile file. I don't know if that will work, though.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 16 (608 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok, so now I'm lost for what to do. I already tried to set the refresh rate to 30, but the game still crashed in the main loading stage.

So all I can think it is now must be with my windows version or a single outdated driver. It's just annoying knowing that the exact same computer and screen ran the game for 153 hours, but refuses now.
Message 14 of 16 (603 Views)

★★★ Novice

Now I'm not sure this has any matter in the fixing, but I have all the DLC installed, which I also had on the other 153 hours, could this change anything?

Message 15 of 16 (586 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Ok so I finally found out what did it.

For some stupid reason my Antivirus program didn't exclude the file even though I told it to. And the game couldn't run because it was, I guess you can call it targeted by the antivirus program.
Message 16 of 16 (1,531 Views)