Re: Game not responding to keyboard

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game not responding to keyboard

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can type out a character's name just fine in game but when I try to play the game, I'm unable to move or use the numbers to select speech options. I cannot pull up menus with the shortcuts. I've looked at threads on this forum and none of those solutions work. Though I just looked at two threads. I've:

-Repaired the game and restarted my computer

-Deleted the last two options in the Saves folder
-I've pressed ALT+W twice
-I've pressed shift 9 times in a row

The last two things I did I do not understand how those would work but apparently it worked for some people...

Dxdiag here

It was working just fine the day before. I downloaded some mods but I disabled them all to see if that was the problem, the issue is still happening even when I disabled the ones I was using yesterday.

This is getting really frustrating and might just go back to regular old console gaming...boring. I play games on pc so I can mod them. -.-

And I do not think it is my keyboard either, as I can type here just fine. It is a new keyboard as well...as old as my computer, which isn't very old and I'm able to use it in another game.

Message 1 of 3 (2,023 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Okay I tried another solution while waiting for a response, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it worked. I'm leaving this here in case someone else has this problem and can see the solutions I tried to see if it works for them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,109 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Okay I tried another solution while waiting for a response, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it worked. I'm leaving this here in case someone else has this problem and can see the solutions I tried to see if it works for them.

Message 2 of 3 (3,110 Views)

Community Manager

@CommanderQasara Hey, sorry that this got missed before. Thanks for coming back and posting your fix. Hopefully you won't encounter any more issues going forward. 

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 3 (1,892 Views)