Re: Game is not starting after latest patch

by BIG_CVP

Original Post

★ Novice

Exact same issue here. Had no technical issues pre-patch, now it won't progress further than the initial loading screen, the inquistion logo at bottom right of page stops flashing, and as a whole the programme appears non-responsive. In task manager it is not listed as "not responding" though, which is odd.

Message 11 of 26 (646 Views)

★★ Novice

I have uninstalled the game and downloading it again. I will report back if this fixes the issue.

Message 12 of 26 (643 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Really hoping i don't have to re-install. With my internet connection that will take forever...

Message 13 of 26 (636 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, i'm reinstalling it now, and sort of regretting it.. oh well, it's halfway there...

Message 14 of 26 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

I had the same issue. I always run my game as an administrator and it didn't work for me.

I uninstalled then installed back the game and it seems to work just fine.

I can now open the game and start new characters.

I am stil waitting for the Black Emporium to load in order to see if my older saves are fine (the game needs to have the dlc you had in your save to load it properly).

If you try this method you might want to make a backup of your saves.

Good luck!

Message 15 of 26 (617 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. Game crashes before it gets to the bioware screen. Reinstalling to see if anything changes.

Message 16 of 26 (614 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mine is doing this too, I talked to EA support and the guy told me it's my video card not meeting the requirements. But it did before, obviously, but it's not now. Anything working for you guys?

Message 17 of 26 (553 Views)

★★★ Novice

same Problem here. The game was running just fine before the latest Patch and now it crashes to the desktop right after booting it up. I tried to run the game as Admin, disabled origin ingame & also used the repair function. Nothing worked so far...

Message 18 of 26 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

same issue here ...I end up having to reinstall every time....This is why I don't go online unless I have to....

Message 19 of 26 (503 Views)

★ Novice

Re-installing has worked for me. Not the solution most people would like to hear.

Message 20 of 26 (463 Views)