Re: Game crashes on launch

by blackateerz

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Hi there.

Thanks but still no Joy. So gutted this doesn't work. It used to work fine and now nothing.

Message 11 of 17 (518 Views)

Hero

@randomdave19 There have been programs other than AVG/Avast which have caused this sort of issue. Can't remember off the top of my head, I think one was called something like Teamviewer. I think there was also an issue with a parental control program at some point, too. Just thought I'd mention it Standard smile 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 17 (498 Views)

★ Apprentice
I think i have team viewer but the problem was happening before i had it installed. I will try uninstalling when i get home from workand try again. Thanks
Message 13 of 17 (487 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately that did not work.

Thanks anyway.

Very frustrating as I miss the game. really enjoyed all the Dragon age games. I am tempted to play Dragon age 2 until I can fix this.

Message 14 of 17 (481 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the advice, however those are all standard troubleshooting steps I had already weeded out before posting. I've done everything short of an reinstallation, and from checking the boards, looks like that is not resolving the issue for anyone. I'll try to uninstall now, but any further advise is much appreciated.

Message 15 of 17 (435 Views)

★ Apprentice

Does anyone else have any more advice for this? I really miss the game.

Message 16 of 17 (334 Views)

[ Edited ]

I noticed you have onedrive listed....is that a cloud black up program??  If it is, make sure it hasn't moved or altered the save files for DAI.  If the game is trying to load up info from the save in one location and OneDrive has altered it, it can cause a crash.

If you haven't already renamed your save file to Backup saves and turned off cloud saves.  Then try that, it will make the game create a new save folder with default options.  This will test to see if it is a corrupted save, or Options file causing the issue.  If it loads, then move back the saves a few at a time until the game crashes....then the last ones you moved will be corrupted and have to be discarded....

You may also want to check into different drivers for your video card, some of the ones by Nvidia are buggy and don't work well.  Some people have found older or newer drivers will fix an issue.

Also you may want to try to create another administrator account on your computer, then load only Origin and DAI on the account.  This will see if it is an issue with the game and your machine or something on your machine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 17 of 17 (309 Views)