Re: Game crashes entering Suledin Keep after patch

by Nambi01

Original Post

Game crashes entering Suledin Keep after patch

★★ Novice
Prior to the patch I was fighting my way through Suledin Keep. I used the patch just before I got to Imshael. I ported back to the nearest camp after reaching him to get some potions, but now I can't get into the keep. Every time I near the entrance the game either freezes of crashes to desktop. Bummed.
Message 1 of 11 (8,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I used an slightly older save, deleted the latest and the quicksave slot, and it's ok. Even after porting to the nearest camp. (oh and used the horsie to get back to the Keep, but i don't think that's it)

Message 2 of 11 (8,005 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found this thread after googling crashing at Suledin Keep.  I've never had the game crash before, but it crashed now (post patch).  I also got to Imshael, and decided it would be neat to see if Cole or Solas has anything interesting to say in the encounter.  So I quick traveled back to camp, swapped out my party members and walked back.  Crashed just before I reached the entrance of the keep.  Loaded from the latest auto save, and crashed again just before the entrance of the keep.

This repeated a couple more times (after creating a save a little ways away from the keep).  But the common thread seems to be getting to around Ishmael and quick traveling back to camp.

Message 3 of 11 (7,988 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. 

But I was finally able to enter the Keep, when using the tactical camera for movement. 

When I ordered the players to move into the Keep it worked. 

Message 4 of 11 (7,920 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The first time I entered the fort without problem it was on foot, but the second I also went by horse and then it crashed... Now it always crashes... With or without horse.

Message 5 of 11 (7,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem here, I was out of potions by the time I got to the boss, porting back and trying to walk back in seems to crash the game, either with or without error message. I tried going there with the tactical camera as mentioned above and while the bot controlled characters seem to be able to walk in without problem, whenever I switch to a character that is inside it just instantly crashes. Taking different routes (trying to climb the rocks on the side) results in the same. I guess if all else fails and there is no workaround we will all just have to load older saves until they patch it.

EDIT: Okay, I don't know how exactly I did it, but I got in without crashing or reloading.

Instead of walking straight to the front entrance using the main path, I managed to climb all the way to the top of the entrance using the bridge to get me towards the mountains and the horse to glitch jump over the rocks so I could get to the bridge (the horse jumps higher than your character does). After making it to the top (you will be blocked by the wall preventing you to go further if you're in the right place) I descended down from the mountains and jumped down to fall right in front of the entrance instead and that fixed my crash problem.

Whether it is worth trying is up to you, I don't know if for some reason this is a working solution or if I was just lucky and it is quite fiddly trying to get the jumps right.

Message 6 of 11 (7,757 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm going to suggest trying the tactical camera trick that PeterKlasson mentioned above. Get close to the keep but not to where it crashes, enter the tactical camera, tell your character to move into the keep. Worked for me, though it crashed the first time I tried it.

Message 7 of 11 (7,614 Views)

★★ Novice

Having this problem, tried the tactical camera thing and no luck. Eventually I used that frost ability that allows move a short distance very fast. Possibly, a Charging Bull (I think thats it) might work too.

Message 8 of 11 (7,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's Still happening today hehe, but just keep trying and trying it will eventually work, it's just a major block and ruins the fun a little, but this is the only crash, i remember origins crashed like a madman in the first town outside the main city 

Message 9 of 11 (5,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found that if i walked in instead of running it seemed to work fine.

Message 10 of 11 (5,137 Views)