Re: Game Won't Launch

by Megami493

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Won't Launch

★★★ Newbie

I know there are a thousand of these topics, but none of the supposed "fixes" or "solutions" worked for me. I've tried clean boot, I've tried repairing the game, I've tried changing options in the EXE file itself (run as admin, compatibility mode, etc. etc.), other stuff from the net (reinstalling DX), optimized with Nvidia, and NOTHING works. It's super frustrating.

EA... Will you PLEASE push out a fix for this or help me get mine working?

It runs, a black splash screen briefly flashes, then crashes to desktop, then the DA:I page is up on Orgins. I can keep trying but the same thing happens every time and no matter where I try to run it from.

Attached is my DxDiag. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (1,010 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

Do you happen to use avast or AVG antivirus??

Are you running the Razor software for your BlackWidow chroma??

If yes to either of these, disable or uninstall them temporarily...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (1,211 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I'm having the same problems as well. i'd just got it today

Message 2 of 8 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]

Do you happen to use avast or AVG antivirus??

Are you running the Razor software for your BlackWidow chroma??

If yes to either of these, disable or uninstall them temporarily...

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 3 of 8 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Weird. I totally thought I deleted this topic. Anyway, yeah, I Google'd how to make a file an exception in Avast and it worked. Thanks everyone!

Message 4 of 8 (966 Views)

★ Novice

that really works? i've AVG so im gonna google how to do that thnx

Message 5 of 8 (937 Views)

@Mumia2015

Lol, AVG and Avast...aka anti-virus is/was the number one thing stopping people from playing for about the last year.  Most times, you have to set global exclusions or exemptions for Origin, DAI and the saves folder for DAI.  Plus it can be confusing in there are often two sets of exemptions, one for scanning and one from active protection....if you set scanning only it prevents the program from scanning the folder for viruses, but doesn't stop it from having issues with it's running.  So you have to set the proper exemption/exclusion so it ignores the running of the program to get it to work, or you disable anti-virus for a set time or until restart and then it works..

Message 6 of 8 (928 Views)

★★ Novice

I was also having this problem, so I spent 2+ hrs trying to reinstall before realizing it was my Avast antivirus. Added a global exemption to Origin Games folder and immediately it will load now, so... Thumbs up

Message 7 of 8 (919 Views)

★★ Novice

i have spent many hours also trying to figure this out i found that most safe boot will helped me then i slowly reactivated some serivces at a time. and i found out if you leave the origin client service and the origin web helper service disabled it will work with avast antivirus. i hope this helps orthers.

Message 8 of 8 (473 Views)