Frozen companions during combat

by FluidPanNerd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Frozen companions during combat

★★★ Guide

I'm back playing Inquisition on my PC after a few months of not playing it. I've selected a few trials (which do say they can make your companions act funny) and have noticed that during combat one or two of my companions will freeze until I select them and make them do something. This happens almost every combat though. Typically it's Bull. He's often in my party and so far the worst offender.

Is this because of the trials or some other bug?

Message 1 of 8 (6,142 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Frozen companions during combat

★★★ Expert

Yes, unfortunately that is a known glitch. No more patches are planned so, we have to deal with it. Warriors are the most common ones to freeze in combat and, the only workaround is to take control of them and either make them jump or, direct them to attack. I wish I could tell you that a fix is coming but, it isn't; sorry.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (6,732 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Yes, unfortunately that is a known glitch. No more patches are planned so, we have to deal with it. Warriors are the most common ones to freeze in combat and, the only workaround is to take control of them and either make them jump or, direct them to attack. I wish I could tell you that a fix is coming but, it isn't; sorry.

Message 2 of 8 (6,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is it possible to request a refund or partial refund of the game?

This bug is basically making the game unplayable for me at the moment. I love using tactical mode to fine tune my strategies and take on extremely difficult encounters by micromanaging my team. I die a few times, learn from mistakes, repeat...etc. I'm currently fighting one of the dragons and executing a pretty good game plan. I usually get the dragon down to about 30% health then suddenly one of my members freeze up. The workaround (exit tac mode and jump) is NOT a solution since the 2 seconds where my team is un-managed is all it takes for everything to go south. And I usually only notice the bug when someone doesn't move out of dragon fire after I instructed them to do so, so by the time I take manual control and jump it's usually too late.

I just wasted about 2 hours trying to kill this dragon, each failed attempt a result of this bug that got INTRODUCED in one of the previous patches? As much as I enjoy this game, I currently don't have the will to continue playing since every difficult encounter from now on will probably be like this. 

Message 3 of 8 (6,117 Views)

★★★ Expert

If you still meet the requirements under the Great Game Guarantee.

That's the only way you can get a refund, if you don't meet those requirements, I'm sorry but the workaround is the best any of us can do.

Message 4 of 8 (6,109 Views)

★★★ Guide

Have they said they're not going to do any more patches? I knew no more DLC, but they did patches for DAII for a LONG time after it was out and all the DLC was out. I can't see them not fixing bugs like this. 

I'm just glad I'm not alone with this bug. As long as it's a known issue, I'm going to mark this as solved, but I'd really like to know if they've said they're not going to do any more patches. There are a few bugs yet with this last one including this, Triffles Minutiae in the dungeon at Skyhold, operations not showing up at the war table, the Divine bug (Wrong Divine given your choices during speeches and such), etc. They have some stuff they can still fix.

Message 5 of 8 (6,099 Views)

★★★ Expert

Yes, EA has said that no more patches for DAI are planned. The last was October 2015. By the looks of a few threads, and, some of the staff twitter pages, DA4 appears to be in the early stages. Just guessing by the rather cryptic clues that have been posted but, I'd say DAI is done, done and, done and, they are focused on DA4 now.

Message 6 of 8 (6,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I've been playing with the same bug. It's become a trend in gaming and everything software-related, putting out games that don't work, because they don't have to be good to make money. This never would have flown with DA Origins.

Message 7 of 8 (2,546 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Inquisitors!

This thread has gotten pretty old, because of this I am going to lock this thread from new posts to prevent any necros posting. 

If anyone else runs into this issue please make a new post!

regards, 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 8 (2,536 Views)