Re: Find Missing Key Bug

by EricDemonic

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Same here.  I was purposefully keeping missions selected as infrequently as possible so when this happened it sucked a lot of fun out of the game I don't know why.  I've put up with a lot of other bugs in this game with a lot of grace but this is unforgivable.  That mission "Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts" was already a chore, why does it then get to ruin the rest of my playthrough with this annoying message?

Message 11 of 26 (2,626 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this same problem and it's really annoying me. Is there any way to fix it yet?

Message 12 of 26 (2,526 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I've got the same issue. I, however, didn't enter the vault during the quests at Winter Palace. Regardless, the objective is still there on my screen and wont go away.

Message 13 of 26 (2,426 Views)

★ Novice

February 2017 and still no patch...

Message 14 of 26 (1,827 Views)

★ Novice
I found the solution. Go into options, Interface, and check the box "Quest tracker Fade When Inactive" After a few moments your current quest and that quest will disappear, and only your current quest will come up, after that you can uncheck the box. 2018 starting out strong.
Message 15 of 26 (1,672 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Didn't work for me. It disappears when I tick the box, but comes back as soon as it's unticked.

Insane that they won't give an explanation to this.

Message 16 of 26 (1,578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still no bug fix....

Message 17 of 26 (1,368 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It didn't work for me either. Since they are ignoring us, I'm going to start spamming this thread.

Message 18 of 26 (1,309 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So, to recap, it's FEBRUARY 2019 and this issue has still not been fixed. I am on an XBONE, have gone through at least half a dozen characters, none of whom open the damn door and it has never happened before. I see no way to fix this, I have cleared the persistent storage, I have restarted the game fresh, I have deleted all the relevant autosaves and loaded from an earlier save, nothing works.

I am more than aware that EA is * poor with answers and they basically leave us to sort things out ourselves and then give us a pat on the back when we accidentally find a solution that works, so I'm not keeping my hopes up. Suffice it to say that, after more than a decade of fandom, EA and BIOWARE consequently will not be getting any more of my money, I've already got SIMS 4 without paying for it, and I can keep going, if need be. Bad service and support will get you people wanting their money back, and since that's not an option, we'll find other ways. 

Someone please post the fix for this if anyone finds it. 

Message 19 of 26 (1,307 Views)

★ Apprentice
March 2019, no fix. This is a joke 😅😅😅 EA you are surpassing yourself
Message 20 of 26 (1,219 Views)