Female Inquisitor Battlemage Armor floating shoulder.

by Seroster

Original Post

Re: Female Inquisitor Battlemage Armor floating shoulder.

★★ Novice

I'd like to add my two cents here as I too am having this problem with my female human mage. After some observations through cut scenes, it looks like the left shoulder is some how mistakenly linked to the other arm as every time the right arm moves, the left shoulder seems to go out of its mind. I could be wrong, but I think that it's worth checking out. 

Message 21 of 27 (2,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I too also have this problem on PS4, and I saw it before on PS3. Only seen during cutscenes which is weird. I might record a clip but I imagine the number of people experiencing this problem and complaining about it, you have enough evidence.
Message 22 of 27 (2,888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is still an issue for female human mages on PC. If you set your Mesh graphics settings to High instead of Ultra, the shoulder will be correct for the model when you're walking around, but it's still bugged in cutscenes, which is really annoying.

Come on BioWare/EA, this has been a problem for over a year, and it's been reported by a lot of people. Will this ever be fixed?

People have been reporting this for over a year over at http://forum.bioware.com/topic/534770-tier-3-battlemage-armor-floating-shoulder/ too.

Message 23 of 27 (2,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mendicantunicorn These boards aren't the place to report issues, they're peer to peer technical support, not official technical support (despite the 'technical support' link at the Bioware forums directing here for some reason). There are no further patches intended for this game, so unfortunately it's unlikely your issue will ever be fixed by Bioware or EA.
If you'd like to contact the official EA technical support, you can do so here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 27 (2,518 Views)

★★ Novice

@Leora85 wrote:

@mendicantunicorn These boards aren't the place to report issues, they're peer to peer technical support, not official technical support (despite the 'technical support' link at the Bioware forums directing here for some reason). There are no further patches intended for this game, so unfortunately it's unlikely your issue will never be fixed by Bioware or EA.
If you'd like to contact the official EA technical support, you can do so here.

I tried reporting the bug at the link you provided, it was a joke, you're given a single textbox to report a bug (enough for like a single line), instead of a text area where you can more easily write something longer, descriptive, and helpful. And then I was promptly redirected back to these forums (facepalm).

Thanks for the explanation though, I really do appreciate it, this is just poor EA support for their products (no surprise there), not your fault.

Message 25 of 27 (2,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am absolutely disgusted that this bug persists.  Recently started a mage playthrough.  I had upgraded to the tier 3 battlemage arms a while before the base game's final battle, and though I figured out the mesh setting for sanity during gameplay, the pauldron zipped around during all those important endgame cutscenes.  Way to ruin immersion.  Working through DLC now, and I cannot focus on cutscenes because my usually magnificent inquisitor has that obnoxious pauldron floating and dipping like some kind of anime mascot. GO AWAY, FLOATING PAULDRON-CHAN!  You are not wanted here!

Seriously, why is this still an issue?  I can upload a clean save file with the troublesome item equipped, but is that even necessary at this point?

Had to downgrade to some enchanter coat arms so I can take my toon seriously.

Message 26 of 27 (2,386 Views)

★ Novice

This sucks. Modders would have fixed this if they had the chance. In the grand scheme, not a big issue, but for a mage playthrough, it really blows to have the one of the best arm modifications bugged to junk. 

Message 27 of 27 (2,171 Views)