Feedback About DAI; small effort (hoping) for a better Dragon Age 4.

by james_mcturney

Original Post

Feedback About DAI; small effort (hoping) for a better Dragon Age 4.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, just wanted to say good job on Dragon Age Inquisition, i'm finally playing it after giving up on waiting for a few specific mods that never came to be (shards/collectible removal of sorts), i've managed to complete the game once and get all the shards (a shame i can't get my head around the bottles or the mosaics, the mosaics specially are very triggering to see incomplete); and now i'm replaying it again with lots of mods and having a blast, the trick is: ignore the collectibles. GOOD GOD, this game is amazing if you ignore the collectibles, also having some mods that sell crafting materials help a lot..

Out of gameplay aspects, this is my less favourite game, besides what i said before, the combat is very mediocre and melee is awful, the only chance for Dual Wield rogues is using the "area damage" type daggers plus a mod that buffs all dagger skills.

Story and graphic wise its a great game though. Also good job on the humanity side of the romances of this game, plus, i've got happily surprised to see a character that represents transexual people.

I'm coming here for the first and hopefuly last time, i mean, it probably won't have any effect but i wanted to give this feedback in the hopes of having a great Dragon Age 4... which is my favourite series of all time.

PS: i miss Isabela.

Message 1 of 4 (777 Views)

Re: Feedback About DAI; small effort (hoping) for a better Dragon Age 4.

Hero

@james_mcturney wrote:

the combat is very mediocre and melee is awful

I agree. I think melee is really awkward in this game. I personally prefer rogue archer.

Combat-wise, I'd like to see the return of more weapon diversity per class (e.g. dual wielding warrior), no limit to active abilities, a tactics systems closer to the first two games, and a better tactical camera.

I think Trespasser nailed level design. I prefer a hub world connected to dungeon crawler levels to the open world design of Inquisition.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Fred_vdp;  See?  And I hate the map design of Trespasser!   Much prefer the way the rest of the game is laid-out.   But I 100% agree about the need to improve the AI tactics back to the original DAO/DAA version where I could set-up lots of automatic behaviours for my companions and they would "do what makes sense" in a myriad of situations instead of me having to micromanage every encounter!

As for the other observations, yeah... The tactical camera definitely needs an overhaul and melée combat could be improved considerably.  But we may be bumping into limitations of the (current) Frostbite engine when we look at those.  Overall though, DA:I (as contrasted with ME:A) shows that with enough effort even Frostbite can be wrestled into supporting an RPG. :eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 4 (637 Views)

★ Novice

I know this is an old post but I have to say that DAI is the worst game in the franchise. DAO and DA2 are way better in terms of battle gameplay and the freedom for me to use ALL my powers the way I see fit and not the limitations that I'm given in DAI with its lame shortcut menu. Bioware needs to combine the best elements of DAO and DA2 in their next installment because if it's like DAI, I'm never playing this game again. I hate being limited in what I can do in a game and DAO never had that issue. As a matter of fact, DAO allowed you to do whatever you wanted and DA2 had the best fighting mechanism. Please Bioware, give us our freedom back in DragonAge and bring back Blood Mage specialization. I hate that you removed this from DAI like what were you thinking!? We want it back!!!

Message 4 of 4 (391 Views)