Fast travel bug in Crestwood.

by Miistluqe

Original Post

Fast travel bug in Crestwood.

★★ Novice

When I went to Crestwood map all fast travels buttons are disabled. All locations in "world map" are unclickable. I cant leave Crestwood.

How to fix this bug? Maybe is some command to console to change character location or something?

(I cant load old saves, because I save my game all the time on the same save. Autosave is a lot of hours back)

Message 1 of 6 (736 Views)

Re: Fast travel bug in Crestwood.

★ Novice
Have exactly same problem here. Cannot fast travel when i got to crestwood. Exiting the map 'manually' from north west (first camp) and south east (bridge) wont work either.

They said it has something to do with Sera's quest and i think they right. I remmember i couldnt do anything when i was jumped to special area on her quest, so I fast traveling to get back to skyhold. Maybe this triggered the bug.

I'm on 90 hours play now and it was days ago when I did Sera's quest. I kinda hate her now because not only the bug on crestwood, but also now Cullen is missing in Skyhold too lol.

Until the bug is fixed, I planned to beat the game to unlock nightmare thophy, do everything else on other area, and come back to crestwood to beat last dragon and last astorium. I hope it will work to get platinum
Message 2 of 6 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes, i read about it and this is problem with The Verchiel March quest. But doesnt matter for now. I got too late this info. Can somebody help me resolve this problem? Maybe some patch, console codes, tricks, editing files.. I don't want to lose too many hours of playing.

Message 3 of 6 (700 Views)

★★★ Guide
Well, it won't help you now but a lesson learned long ago by an older player is keep at least a few rolling saves in any game you can, and in bigger RPGs try to keep 10-20, always hard saving before leaving on a quest run and hard saving a the start of an area (hard saving being a save you don't overwrite). I sounds like you are going to have to bite the bullet and go back to the autosave. The frostbite engine is much more limited in terms of console commands than previous engines. Old engines would allow you to load into any area you wanted. I found this thread regarding a single player cheat utility. There might be something in there that can help you: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5564625&sid=4a9d1f68a662158c6480b374243a3afe#5564625
Message 4 of 6 (688 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this bug and it's so frusterating because I got so much done in Crestwood and I cant leave. In about 75 hours, I have two main save files but I did all the crestwood sides and foraging for about 3-4 hours. I dont want to back track this. I shouldnt have to. We need a patch to fix this **bleep** so we can move on to the game we paid for. I hope it's soon.

Message 5 of 6 (685 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for all answers. Yep.. I got a lesson for future. More saves...  Anyway i hope for that, Bioware will make patch to fix the problem. This is too big and expensive game for problems like that. And it isnt trivial problem to leave it..

Message 6 of 6 (667 Views)