FPS drops causing audio issues

by GodAmongUsAS

Original Post

FPS drops causing audio issues

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Title says it. Having this issues in combat. my computer dell inspirion 7737.  trying to solve this for the past 9 days with no succes.

Message 1 of 5 (226 Views)

Re: FPS drops causing audio issues

★★ Apprentice

use notepad to make a custom config, name it user.cfg and put this into it:

RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
 RenderDevice.VsyncEnable 0

disable vysnc in the main menu options.

ingame when sound issues hit, go to the options, change the sound setting to any other, back out so that it saves and resets, then go back nad change it to the right setting. that should reset the sounds and restore sound if the game lost it without having to restart the game.

also disabling the vysnc, right click the game in the origin library, choose game properties and apply this launch command:

-GameTime.MaxVariableFps X

'X' being a .01 below the desired framerate. so for 60 fps, use 59.99  

that will make up for loss of vsync since the  game tears horribly without a cap. the worst tearing I saw before that would be the original borderlands game where I had to force vysnc.

but anyways, disabling vsync and turning the particle effects to medium or low helps with some of the random and sudden stutters and drops of frames. also using mantle may help, but some people say mantle brings stutters for them. it smoothed it for me even before i disabled vsync. after disabling vsync, I have a stable framerate most of the time. unfortunately, the patch still causes me to crash within a couple hours if i haven't gone to skyhold in a while. I ran it 8 hours once and pushing ten another time without the patch. bleh. also, get the newest amd driver or for nvidia you'll needd to check out this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/PC-Ongoing-investigation-poor-performance-crashes-re... and in the first post is a suggested nvidia driver to rollback to which many people said was helpful for them.

Message 2 of 5 (222 Views)

★ Guide

They say what to instal but how do I do that?  In Nvidia site they just give me the latest one

Message 3 of 5 (213 Views)

★ Guide

Tried all of it. The game runs a little smoother but the problem still exists  Frown

Message 4 of 5 (207 Views)

★ Guide

Update: tried everything in the link and the problem still exists

Message 5 of 5 (200 Views)