Re: FAILED TO SAVE...

by mcsupersport

Original Post

FAILED TO SAVE...

★★★ Newbie
Not enough space...blah blah blah...Ok..first...I have PLENTY of space on my drive for saves. Secondly, I have read in ALOT of forums about some evasive but seemingly necessary FOLDERS(s) in the Documents folder, but I have NONE of these, hidden or otherwise in my documents folder or anywhere else on my PC (done a search for them, nothing came up)I have tried to manually ADD these folders, but to no avail, same issues. I do NOT have a Bioware folder anywhere, I do NOT have a SAVE folder anywhere, I have looked both in Origin folders AND Steam folders physically and there is nothing to be found. I am using Windows 10, and have over 300GB of free space left on my drive. I have turned off my save to cloud feature in Origin, I dont use cloud storage for anything. I can NOT find where the game is TRYING to save to and therefore NOT finding enough space. I have made all EXEs that I can think of Run as Admin, and nothing is helping. I can NOT play this game if I cant save. That would be one LONG gameplay. Help please...Im at my wits end about this. I have also validated the game install via steam. HELP...not sure what else to do, other than NOT be able to ever play this game that was gifted to me with all of the DLC. Frown
Message 1 of 2 (510 Views)

Re: FAILED TO SAVE...

C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save

That is the folder the game is designed to save to.  Steam, or Origin doesn't matter as far as save location from everything I have heard as it is the same game on both platforms.

Issues that I have seen causing this.....

1)  Origin, and DAI(specifically) not have admin rights to save in this folder...ie run them as admin.

2)  Anti-virus thinking DAI is a virus and stopping it from modifying folders.

3)  Documents folder has been moved to alternate location.

4)  Microsoft Cloud has my document folder under it's control, basically your OP system knows to go to the cloud so you see it, but the game doesn't and can't save until this is changed.

5) Ran into cross program interference with a file sharing program on this issue as well...clean boot usually sorts this out and then you can find the program if this is it.

6)  Windows update failed and caused weird issues requiring Windows repair and the update fixed.

7)  MyDocu folder getting set to read only, yeah happened but not often, but then again, this isn't a super common fault either.

These are the ones I remember right off, if none of these help, post up a DxDiag file and we can take a peek at hardware and some errors in there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (478 Views)