Re: Error message Destruction multiplayer expansion is out of date

by metalfenix_Raf

Original Post

Error message Destruction multiplayer expansion is out of date

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

After the latest patch, and download of Black Emporium and Dragonslayer DLC, I get the following message when starting Inquisition game:

"The Dragon Age: Inquisition - Destruction multiplayer expansion is out of date and will be disabled.  To access this DLC, you must download its latest version."

Nothing seems to fix this.  I have repaired the game, repaired Destruction DLC,  Tried deleting patch and downloaded patch again, tried deleting destruction DLC and downloading again, nothing fixes this error message.  Multiplayer seems to load and run, though I haven't tried to play it.  Suggestions?

OK, I found the problem... apparently an Inquisition start up bug:

When I first got this message, I renamed the "Multiplayer_DLC1" file (Destrtuction DLC) to "Multiplayer_DLC1_old" in order to force a new download of the DLC, which created a new "Multiplayer_DLC1" file.  When both files are in the update directory, I will always get this error (the old file has the old revision).  Removing the old (renamed) copy fixes the problem, but leaving the old file in place and changing the revision number in it also fixes it, so the start up process is apparently finding the "Multiplayer_DLC1_old" file instead of "Multiplayer_DLC1", i.e. not checking full file name and finding the older file.

Message 1 of 8 (2,676 Views)

★★ Novice

This worked for me, but I'm not sure why!

Thanks for the post!

Message 2 of 8 (2,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

There's an easier way to updating the DLC than renaming it like this. And I assume it's a little safer too ;D

Just hover your mouse over the Dragon Age Inquisition icon in Origin, click on the small grey "i" icon, scroll down to where all the DLC is listed, right click on the Destruction MP expansion and choose "search update" (or something along these lines, there are only two options, the other one being "repair", so I suppose even if I didn't translate my German version spot on, you'll see it).

Origin will then update the DLC and you're free to go ^-^

--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 3 of 8 (2,494 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@leahshepard wrote:

There's an easier way to updating the DLC than renaming it like this. And I assume it's a little safer too ;D

Just hover your mouse over the Dragon Age Inquisition icon in Origin, click on the small grey "i" icon, scroll down to where all the DLC is listed, right click on the Destruction MP expansion and choose "search update" (or something along these lines, there are only two options, the other one being "repair", so I suppose even if I didn't translate my German version spot on, you'll see it).

Thx,

i didnt think about the easy way, and try to "right klick" for options :P

Problem solved for me, but its a bit corious that you have update manualy the DLC....

Message 4 of 8 (2,362 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think the DLC is supposed to update automatically, at least it did so for my friends who play Inquisition as well.

Sometimes it doesn't work out however so there is a manual option for these cases Standard smile

--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 5 of 8 (2,305 Views)

★★★ Novice

God .... was wondering why the population of multiplayer dropped so much ....

it's thks to the error ..... there arnt many ppl in SG and with this error .... I was like playing with 2 poor souls and searching games didn't detect any....

Went to delete both multiplayer DLC, redownload DLC 1 followed by DLC 2 .

wallah ... error disappeared and the population are back ..... I can now find more games with ppl

Message 6 of 8 (2,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've done the repair for the game but it still says Destruction is out of date. Tried the method of deleting both Multiplayer DLC's and reinstalling which worked

Message 7 of 8 (2,242 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@leahshepard wrote:

Thanx, I was having this issue and your solution worked flawlessly for me, this should be a sticky, because, come on, a MP dlc should update automatically like the rest of the game.

Message 8 of 8 (1,818 Views)