@EA/Bioware - Compensation for your preorder/early adopters?

by gingeranna

Original Post

@EA/Bioware - Compensation for your preorder/early adopters?

★★★★ Apprentice

DA:I was released last month, November 20th in the UK I believe. It is now the 3rd of December.

Two weeks since the launch, earlier for the US, and DA:I remains a broken mess of a game. There's no point listing out everything, it's all right here, across several platforms and over on the Bioware forums, particularly on the PC where a moderator created PC Community Concerns thread now stretches to almost 170 pages, some 4300 posts, at last count having 300,000 views probably closing more on half a million now.

You refuse to state what will be fixed in the up and coming patches.

You refuse to state any dates on when these patches will be available.

I could now buy the game for less than I did when I preordered the thing, most notably last Friday when there were significant discounts being made on it from several sources. Given that I've shelved the game until it gets patched up this means that due to your inability to release a working game, I have effectively lost money.

When Ubisoft put Assassins Creed Unity out, there were rafts of issues flagged that quickly went public, even making the BBC news. One would argue, given the nature of DA:I that the many bugs, crashes and problems it has far, far outweigh those seen in AC:U.

So, a simple question. Do you have any plans for compensation for your preorder/early adopters?

Message 1 of 62 (2,373 Views)

Re: @EA/Bioware - Compensation for your preorder/early adopters?

★★★★ Novice

I agree. I does seem totally unfair that those who purchased the Digital Deluxe preorder are not getiing what they paid for due to bugs and other issues. I too have shelved the game so that I do not get too far into it and miss out on banter and stability fixes in future patches (hopefully). It is also disappointing that there have been only vague hints as to what issues they're working on. 

Myself, I don't have too much time to play games as it is. So disappointed that one of my only games to look forward to in the last little while turned out to be a buggy farce.

With the holidays approaching rapidly, I worry that Bioware will lose customers and positive reviews.

Message 2 of 62 (2,278 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Another day, another complete and total lack of information.

Message 3 of 62 (2,193 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@KryzzlyBear wrote:

I agree. I does seem totally unfair that those who purchased the Digital Deluxe preorder are not getiing what they paid for due to bugs and other issues. I too have shelved the game so that I do not get too far into it and miss out on banter and stability fixes in future patches (hopefully). It is also disappointing that there have been only vague hints as to what issues they're working on. 

Myself, I don't have too much time to play games as it is. So disappointed that one of my only games to look forward to in the last little while turned out to be a buggy farce.

With the holidays approaching rapidly, I worry that Bioware will lose customers and positive reviews.

I am in the same position.  I don't have time to play games that much and DA: Inquisition is the first game that I have preordered in years.  As I, and it seems you as well, purchased the deluxe version, I still have yet to get the soundtrack.  Playing on the PS3 version I will accept that there will be some minor deficiencies in comparison to the latest and greatest, e.g., not looking as slick as they do in the promo screenshots.  But gameplaying bugs, glitches, multiple crashes, text so small you can barely read it (how can you make an RPG with really small text.  RPGs are supposed to be something you can read as well as listen.  And coming from the studio who made Mass Effect couldn't they use the same font size as that?) horrible load times even after it installing onto the hard drive, some having the inability to install the game since launch.... this is really a ridiculous situation.  If Bioware loses customers and positive reviews to move their arse to fix majority of the issues listed then so be it.  You can't put out a product that is woefully glitchy and problematic and charge a premium for it.  

Message 4 of 62 (2,186 Views)

★ Apprentice

This year has been terrible for early adopters, nearly every single major title has had early adopters beta testing while we wait for the final version patches to be released. Look at BF4, it took a whole year for that to be fixed in a full working state. 

Publishers need to stop trying to push games out and give the devs time to release a fully working product instead of an unstable beta build. 

They should give the first lot of paid DLC for free to early adopters as compensation, because we all now there is going to be several paid DLCs in the future. 

Message 5 of 62 (2,186 Views)

★ Guide
They won't do anything unless loads of people take the game back for a refund.

They have already shown thy don't want to communicate with the forums to ease concerns. Bioware have already blamed the banter bug on the players not the game.

Two weeks ago I bought the xbox 360 Deluxe version, and finally last Friday I took it back for a refund.

You can wait if you want, but when the game is still broke months from now you won't be able to take it back.
Message 6 of 62 (2,141 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@S1eB2 wrote:

This year has been terrible for early adopters, nearly every single major title has had early adopters beta testing while we wait for the final version patches to be released. Look at BF4, it took a whole year for that to be fixed in a full working state. 

Publishers need to stop trying to push games out and give the devs time to release a fully working product instead of an unstable beta build. 

They should give the first lot of paid DLC for free to early adopters as compensation, because we all now there is going to be several paid DLCs in the future. 

Alien Isolation was amazing out of the box

Message 7 of 62 (2,135 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Problem is, those on digital platforms are now way out of the return period. For me, the retailer I bought the Origin key from wouldn't accept a refund based on a buggy game. Had I paid more from Origin, I would have had a refund period but again, if I'd chosen to wait, to trust Bioware then that small window of opportunity would have been and gone in a flash, its only 48 hours.

I'm gutted that they've done this. I trusted Bioware enough to preorder this, on the back of their "Built By PC Gamers, For PC Gamers" and the game is anything but a PC game, let alone the raft of bugs, crashes and problems it has.

It's basically unplayable for me. Even if I forced myself to use the broken PC K+M controls, even if I forced myself to use the broken Tactical View, the game is full of quest trigger bugs. Who wants to waste their time like that, replaying the same quests?

Message 8 of 62 (2,098 Views)

★★ Novice

Reality is, they have all our money,have already made a nice profit and we the consumers have no recourse as things stand.

What needs to change is to have the ability to return a game that was not ready for release. The video game industry is huge and they have seen to it that you pretty much have no way to ever get your money back on any purchase.

Message 9 of 62 (2,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Origin has a refund feature.

BioWare has posted many comments about these issues on http://forum.bioware.com . They don't refuse to give a list of future fixes and a patch release date, they simply don't have the details pinned down yet.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 62 (2,026 Views)
Twitter Stream