Re: @EA/Bioware - Compensation for your preorder/early adopters?

by Spooky_Mulder88

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@AethrenDarklore wrote:

It is amazing that out of the millions of copies sold, there are only a couple of players here complaining... and with most of the comments going back and forth between the same people. 

I play on the PS4 and while I have noticed an occasional issue here and there, I have yet to experience any lockups or freezing, and any of the issues I have had are not 'game breaking'. 

To me, DA:I is an absolutely amazing game even with the occasional bugs; of which, the most annoying, is when occasionally the dialogue options can only be accessed with the L1 menu opened.  I also had a glitch the first time I played when I wasn't given the 'introduction' in the War Room, instead I was given the "Best and Brightest" right away.  After 14 hours of play I decided I wanted to play as a different race, started a new game, and this time I was given the 'introduction' mission correctly.  So yes, there are bugs and glitches, but nothing that has me wanting to stop playing and wait for a fix.  I can't help but think, with the millions of copies sold, if this was truly such a terribly glitched game, you'd hear more about it, but you're not.  In fact, all you're hearing from is a very small fraction of those who bought the game.  I've yet to know of ANY game that is first released that doesn't have bugs or glitches that need to be fixed, and with the immense size of DA:I, I can see how some things have been missed- so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Nobody answer to him, please.

It's a troll without doubts (read " a couple of players here complaining")

Let's don't give him satisfaction.

Message 31 of 62 (800 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@daevelon83 wrote:

@AethrenDarklore wrote:

It is amazing that out of the millions of copies sold, there are only a couple of players here complaining... and with most of the comments going back and forth between the same people. 

I play on the PS4 and while I have noticed an occasional issue here and there, I have yet to experience any lockups or freezing, and any of the issues I have had are not 'game breaking'. 

To me, DA:I is an absolutely amazing game even with the occasional bugs; of which, the most annoying, is when occasionally the dialogue options can only be accessed with the L1 menu opened.  I also had a glitch the first time I played when I wasn't given the 'introduction' in the War Room, instead I was given the "Best and Brightest" right away.  After 14 hours of play I decided I wanted to play as a different race, started a new game, and this time I was given the 'introduction' mission correctly.  So yes, there are bugs and glitches, but nothing that has me wanting to stop playing and wait for a fix.  I can't help but think, with the millions of copies sold, if this was truly such a terribly glitched game, you'd hear more about it, but you're not.  In fact, all you're hearing from is a very small fraction of those who bought the game.  I've yet to know of ANY game that is first released that doesn't have bugs or glitches that need to be fixed, and with the immense size of DA:I, I can see how some things have been missed- so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Nobody answer to him, please.

It's a troll without doubts (read " a couple of players here complaining")

Let's don't give him satisfaction.

It's true this game is really good, when we can play and read the story.  But for the most part the bugs/crashes/freezes/invisible choice dialogue/loss of bantering/ crazy graphics clippings/etc takes away from this "GoTY."  My game crashed, again, when I met with hawke and stroud.  It seems like every major plot point my game crashes.  

In this thread, alone, it looks like only it is from the same people.  But look throughout the entire forum, there are a whole lot more of us posting and commenting. 

Message 32 of 62 (738 Views)

★★ Novice

I paid for the Deluxe Edition but haven't been able to download the soundtrack. They've made a thread saying they are "aware of this" but it's been WEEKS and no information. Totally unacceptable.. can't believe I paid more for such **bleep** service.

Message 33 of 62 (727 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Looks like the first PC patch will land tomorrow. Guess PC gamers get to be Beta testers for consoles now.

And still no comment on what you're prepared to do for your preorder/early adopter customers, EA/Bioware? Shame on you. Must feel really great to win awards on the back of a game in this state, three weeks post-launch.

/golfclap

Message 34 of 62 (701 Views)

★★ Novice
Try to get your refund, if u don't try than how will the others know... since many games nowadays are being released with many bugs..i decided not to pre-order it.

I got mine thru origin on 12/6, spent 2 hrs trying to play the game on PC. The experience was awful. Tried upgrading my drivers. This RPG game sucks i have no control over my character, cannot use mouse, no tactical view, no walking and finally no auto attacking. I asked for refund the next day on Origin under purchase history. At first it didn't go thru. So i came here to see if everyone was having the same problems as i was and start posting my problems. But i see the game needs extensive work done for the PC users.
Last night (12/07) i try again and the refund went thru.

Just remember the more people ask for their money back, i think the updates (though it won't be perfect) will roll out faster cuz it is affecting both EA/Bioware profits. At the end of the day it all boils down to money. If they want my money then they need to release something that i can play and not something that tells me my computer is obsolete. I think six cores are more than enough to run this game.
I waited so long and this game turned out to be a lemon / buggy. I will repurchase when the game is more playable and fixed.
Message 38 of 62 (648 Views)

Anonymous

Seems like they saved big money by completey skipping the quality control phase of development. Nice work EA/Bioware, GOTY and a broken mess all at the same time...think i know where the QC money went.

Message 35 of 62 (682 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How do you know that Gingeranna ? got any links to that claim ? :D

Message 36 of 62 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems like they saved big money by completey skipping the quality control phase of development. Nice work EA/Bioware, GOTY and a broken mess all at the same time...think i know where the QC money went.

The bigger the game, the more bugs you'll encounter. The game was delayed two times, over a year in total. BioWare went through crunch periods, meaning they had no free time and didn't see their families much as they found and squashes bugs. In the end, a development team has limited staff and the dozens of testers will not encounter as many bugs as over a million players.

While I agree that some bugs should not have made the release client, I think it's unfair to ignore that quality assurance worked very hard on this product. This is just the way it goes in the video game industry.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 37 of 62 (661 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Fred_vdp wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The bigger the game, the more bugs you'll encounter. The game was delayed two times, over a year in total. BioWare went through crunch periods, meaning they had no free time and didn't see their families much as they found and squashes bugs. In the end, a development team has limited staff and the dozens of testers will not encounter as many bugs as over a million players.

While I agree that some bugs should not have made the release client, I think it's unfair to ignore that quality assurance worked very hard on this product. This is just the way it goes in the video game industry.

And yet they still managed to get it out just in time for Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

Funny that.

When alls said and done though, whilst I really can appreciate they may have worked long hours and put effort into it, it's still a product that costs $60. I still had to pay money to access it, so lets not go overboard with the whole "Give them a break" angle, because its been three weeks now since launch, the only patch we're even aware of has been delayed and we still don't know WHAT'S in it, WHAT'S in the subsequent patches apparently already in QA and development and WHEN those other patches will appear.

All the goodwill in the world towards their efforts doesn't come at a cost of accepting the blanket contempt they're showing their customers right now.

Message 39 of 62 (607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

>While I agree that some bugs should not have made the release client, I think it's unfair to ignore that quality assurance worked very hard on this product. This is just the way it goes in the video game industry.

After Rome 2, i have no tolerance for this, if you  think its acceptable to have a substandard product that by the time its made "playable." That is your buisness. Don't sell me a brand new game for retail then expect i'm in the wrong when I get upset for expecting my game to work. I don't buy  a brand new Mercedes, then just expect if their is a problem with the car, they will fix it later...

Message 40 of 62 (578 Views)