Re: DragonAgeInquisition CTD during Sera's Quest

by holger1405

Original Post

DragonAgeInquisition CTD during Sera's Quest

★★★★ Novice

Hi. This game really gives me hard times. I need to write this cause i am close to outrage xD

yes, i use a few minor mods (omg he uses mods on a quite - for whatever reason - unmodfriendly game!) just a few complexion and outfit mods. (tried romance mods but didn't work)

So i have several small issues like beaming NPCs, flying NPCs, some little glitches and bugs (even after 6 years lol) BUT then it began that i had quite a lot of crashed to deskop during traveling to nearly all places but mostly Skyhold and Hinterlands. I still have this issue from time to time but it got minor after changing a few things.

But now i have a new REALLY annoying issue: i am good with sera so she gave me her first personal quest with her. i wanted to accept it and travel with her but i ALWAYS get crashes to desktop. ALWAYS. i even deinstalled my antivirus for this mess. and i don't accept deinstalling her face and outfit mod which i hardly got to work after several days. NO, there has to be some other way! Please, help. I am so close to refund this game. For what putting trust into a AAA game paying a solid amount of money, puttting hours into it, when stuff like this happens? I don't use any game-breaking mods!

greetings 

Message 1 of 8 (830 Views)

Hey @m4dk4p 

You posted on the FIFA boards. I assume this is for Dragon Age Inquisition, I moved your post to the correct boards. 

Black Champion chinsrus.png

Message 2 of 8 (806 Views)

Hero

Try repairing the game. In Steam it's called "verify integrity of game files" and it's in the game's properties. In Origin you right click the game and select "repair game".

If you used DAI Tools, the mods will have to be merged and installed again. I you use Frosty, you're good.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 8 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

oh sorry and thank you!

Message 4 of 8 (765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i use frosty too and already repaired the game through origins but okay will do again  >.< 

edit: repaired it and now my game even has starting issues lags like hell (about 5 to 10 fps and took years till i was in mainscreen. seems like reparing broke it even more wtf 

Message 5 of 8 (764 Views)

Hero

Did you restart the PC after repairing? Also make sure Origin in-game is enabled. The game can have issues when it's off (like extremely long launch times).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 8 (734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

already did this. i can tell you everything i did so far and trust me this is quite a lot in my opinion:

1. i disabled certain mods

2. i disabled all mods

3. i uninstalled all mods

4. i repaired the game 3 times

5. i updated the game 2 times

6. i reinstalled the game

7. i enabled origin in-game screen

8. i even deinstalled my ani-virus program (which i wouldn't do normally!) 

AND ALL DIDN'T WORK or helped!

i got heavy stuttering and black/white screen yesterday and today suddenly after restarting my pc i could get smoothly into main screen. YES! - i thought. but hell nah the game thought. and so i tried to load my saves and after pressing every save file after 128 hours of gameplay the game tells me to UPDATE it! I UPDATED it 3 * times! :D 

if my saves are lost at this point i won't play 128 of careful selected decisions and character creation again. and i also won't play the game without a few minor mods cause its not my fault a great franchise got treated here and there a bit badly regarding the visuals of certain characters. but hey even without mods starting it via origins this game doesn't want to work so it doesn't matter :D

EDIT: i tried to change patch number from 11 to 12,13,14,15,16,18,20,22 and 33 and it still says install last patch LMFAO :D

Message 7 of 8 (709 Views)

@m4dk4p 

You trying to change the patch folders name imply that you still have mods installed.

You should make sure your games runs flawless in vanilla state and then add the mods on a working unmodified game.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 8 (678 Views)