Re: Dragon age keep and linking accounts

by kitcass

Original Post

Dragon age keep and linking accounts

★★ Novice

My psn and ea sign on emails were different, so the accounts did not link automatically. I spent nearly an hour on the line with customer support, before they told me the only way to link the two accounts was for them to do it manually, and after that I would lose my dragon age keep files (which is the only reason I wanted the accounts linked in the first place.) I asked if I change my psn login in email to match the ea one, if that would work, and the guy (EA support) said he would change my *psn* login for me before cutting the chat off. Obviously he can't do that (different system dude???), but I've tried it, waited 24 hours, and still no luck. Is there really no way to link these accounts? I've just spent the last 2 weeks playing through the first two games and I'm not going to play inquisition if that all goes to waste 

Message 1 of 5 (2,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@kitcass;  There is no direct "import" of your DAO or DA2 saves into DAI, so keeping or "losing" them makes no difference.

You establish the "world-state" you want (under the same EA account you're going to use to play DAI) in the "Dragon Age Keep".  Then you mark *that* for export to DAI.

Message 2 of 5 (2,664 Views)

★★ Novice
I know this, but I’ve spent several hours in the keep making my world states only to find that I can not export them because my EA and psn accounts aren’t connected. I’m really not eager to remake all of my world states (I have 3 now as I’ve played the game on pc and Xbox with successful imports) and just want to play the game on a next gen console without some high risk procedure that may delete the very thing I’m linking them for
Message 3 of 5 (2,649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
Making a new world-state is a 15 minute exercise.

Do the steps necessary to link the appropriate accounts then, (if you have to) establish the one you want to import to DAI.
Message 4 of 5 (2,621 Views)

★★ Novice

I know how to work the keep. I know how to crete a world state and export them, and have done it several times. The issue I am having is with connecting the account with those files to my psn, and 'the steps' to do so seem nonexistant. 

Message 5 of 5 (2,598 Views)