Dragon age inquistion crash after starting game form origin

by VaeloraEndanan

Original Post

Dragon age inquistion crash after starting game form origin

★★★ Newbie

Greetings and salutations,

I have been having reoccurring crashes of Dragon Age Inquisition, Deluxe, and Dragon Age II. I sent an error report tagged with 0ef3b407a00a767e as its ID number and have yet to hear anything back so, I thought I would come to Tech Support to pose my quandary.

What happens for Inquisition, and I've tried this AFTER uninstalling, reinstalling, and repairing, the launcher and the game. I click the launcher, it says 'play'. I click play. My cursor turns into an arrow with a wheel indicating it is indeed loading something, then, nothing. Just takes me back to the launcher.

The launcher visibly shows the start menu to the game.

With dragon age II, it'll get so far as to show the logo screen then takes me back to the launcher.

Keep in mind my settings are on low--medium at worst.

Message 1 of 6 (490 Views)

Re: Dragon age inquistion crash after starting game form origin

Hero (Retired)
@VaeloraEndanan It appears that your GeForce 210 is below the minimum hardware requirements, and it might be time to consider an upgrade :-)
Message 2 of 6 (474 Views)

Also of note, you have a DAI listing in crashes showing Avast anti-virus causing issues. So for any hope above and beyond the low GPU you will need to put in exclusions for DAI, Origin, and DAI saves folder.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6 (428 Views)

★ Novice
Your in-game settings don't matter when you're not even loaded into the game yet. I'm with Jane in thinking its a video related issue though. Try rolling back drivers for the GPU if you had no issues before.

Either way, I'd at least look into an upgrade for a modern budget card. That 210 is going to have zero support pretty soon
Message 4 of 6 (424 Views)

Hero

@VaeloraEndanan Just to clarify, it looks like you have 2 separate issues (not surprising since DA2 and DAI use completely different engines), which you can see if you scroll down to the bottom of your dxdiag to the diagnostic section.
Your DAI issue is, as stated by mcsupersport, caused by your antivirus (aswhooka.dll means you're using Avast, both it and AVG have been causing this issue for a few years now).

Your DA2 issue is an issue with your GPU (nvwgf2um.dll means an issue with your Nvidia video card). The card is old and never met the requirements for DAI, unsure about whether it meets DA2 requirements). The drivers you have installed are from 2016, you might want to see if there's an update for those. 

It is likely that, even if you fix the issue with your AV, you will not be able to run DAI with your current GPU, even on the lowest settings. If you want to play games I suggest getting a more suitable GPU (and make sure you have a suitable power supply to go with it). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 6 (355 Views)

Hero

@Leora85 wrote:

@VaeloraEndanan The card is old and never met the requirements for DAI, unsure about whether it meets DA2 requirements). The drivers you have installed are from 2016, you might want to see if there's an update for those.

It's hard to tell. Dragon Age II requires an NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS. The Geforce 210 has a slightly higher clock speed, but is worse in other areas.

I also agree that the 210 is not good enough for DA Inquisition, even after adding the antivirus exceptions. I once managed to barely run the game on integrated graphics (just to test if it could), but the Geforce 210 is slower even than a lot of integrated GPUs.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (344 Views)