Dragon age inquisition wont update or load previous save files

by Farian123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I recently uninstalled my dragon age inquisition game to reinstall it with some new dlc's that I bought. The game installed fine but I had to move folders to one with more space. Thing is I can open up the game and I still have the option to load my save files but when I do it gives me a message saying that "this save file is on a newer version of DAI download the latest patch to play it." so I update my game and verify it's cache (multiple times) try uninstalling and reinstalling again, but I still get the same message. What do I do?

Message 1 of 3 (686 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon age inquisition wont update or load previous save files

The most common cause of this is using mods in the past.  MOST LIKELY, you used mods previously and they changed the version number to something other than standard updated version.  You can edit the version number manually to make the save work, BUT if you did have a mod that changed stuff, it make cause issues.....or may work fine, depending on the mod used.  Thandal has a post in this thread detailing where and how to do it....https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Help-me-please/m-p/7053517#M74545

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (622 Views)

All Replies

The most common cause of this is using mods in the past.  MOST LIKELY, you used mods previously and they changed the version number to something other than standard updated version.  You can edit the version number manually to make the save work, BUT if you did have a mod that changed stuff, it make cause issues.....or may work fine, depending on the mod used.  Thandal has a post in this thread detailing where and how to do it....https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Help-me-please/m-p/7053517#M74545

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 3 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This seems to have fixed it, thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (593 Views)