Dragon age inquisition trespasser crashing?

by AbbyKrios

Original Post

Re: Dragon age inquisition trespasser crashing?

★★★ Newbie

Found another work around for Trespasser failing to launch.  Works with synced and unsynced saves. Before launching Trespasser, UNEQUIP any weapons and armor your Inquisitor may be wearing. Plus, go to the stables and choose the standard Fereldon horse.  The DLC launches from the War Table  with no problem then.  Found this tip on another message board (I forget which one)  So it may have nothing at all to do with syncing across your saves.

Message 21 of 27 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's awful tried the fix and it didn't work another ea rip off from an otherwise spectacular game
Message 22 of 27 (1,453 Views)

★★ Novice

This seems to be a problem with how Ambient Occlusion and post processing are handled in the game. If you can get the game to load into the menu adjust those settings so Ambient Occlusion is set no higher than SSAO and post processing no higher than low. This should keep it from crashing.

If the game will not load at all, the you have to go into your folder  <USER name> /Documents/Bioware/Dragonageinquisition/saves.

In this folder is a file "Profileoptions_profile"  
Delete this file (If will be recreated when you run the game again)
This will reset all of your game options to their default settings.

Once you get into your game menu adjust all your game options back to your liking with the exception of the two mentioned above.

Happy adventuring 

Message 23 of 27 (1,421 Views)

★ Novice

I've tried all the suggested fixes, I've repaired the game twice, but anytime I get into a heavy combat, the game just derps out and crashes. One time it did it in about three seconds. So rather than all these workarounds, or disabling someone's ability, etc, how about they FIX this *. I didn't pay $15 to play a broken-* game. 

Really pissed off right now, I've been waiting to play this. EA/BioWare, I'm really disappointed. Might have to give Mass Effect Andromeda and any further offerings a miss. 

Message 24 of 27 (1,354 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same crashes in the deeproads. Crashes and lag.. lag and crashes. I saved every minute or so knowing a crash would be coming soon. I finally got through that quest and everything is wonderful again. The sound was very off also, looting was slow and the chest would show up a minute later to loot. Barrier would not work half the time for my mage and other laggy stuff (mouse went crazy a couple of time choosing between party members). I have a 4gb video card, windows 7-64 and 8gb ram. This happened even on lower graphic settings.

Message 25 of 27 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@TsukikoMumaiwrote:

The dlc was working fine for me until I got to the deep roads.  I dont have any mods and my only warrior is Bull and he is a two handed wielder. The game was lag with looting or just interactions in general and I just tried to open the game and it was loading fine but then it just went to that black loading screen and the music kept buffering.

Same here, though my music buffered throughout the entire game not just the DLC. It was as soon as Viv chatted with me in front of the Primers that my game crashed. Like it just closed the game and brought me back to Origin. No Mods, can't figure out how to use them. Looting is lagged by like a full minute, I also got stuck on a group of three people. It was amusing. I also ran into invisible things in the Winter Palace, which was really weird. At one point in the deep roads I was running in slow motion but could rotate around my character at normal speed. 

Should I lower my graphics?? I really don't know what I am supposed to do... 

Message 26 of 27 (767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The last four players reporting problems have not provided the basic troubleshooting information, like a DXdiag report.  (And some didn't even provide enough information to determine which platform they're using.)

Help us help you.  Give us enough to work with.

Message 27 of 27 (752 Views)