Re: Dragon age inquisition running slow on a good computer

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon age inquisition running slow on a good computer

★★★ Newbie

Hi I am trying to run Dragon age inquisition on my new PC and its sooo slow and laggy,but my PC is super powerful :/ I havent been activating my windows yet, i got some issues with my code, is that a factor? 

my specs; 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

GUP: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 VENTUS XS 6G OC

Motherboard: B550 AORUS ELITE V2

RAM: HyperX Fury Black 16 GB DDR4 3200MHz

Power supply: Corsair RM Modular 750 W

Hard disk drive: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2

Message 1 of 3 (1,302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Basic way to find out what you need, is to open task manager, and if set to fewer details then click on more details in bottom left corner and then click on performance tab.  This should bring up a list of your CPU--usually highlighted and displaying details on right side of tab, with options to see Memory, disks, Ethernet, and GPU by clicking on them on the left and it will display on right.

If you have two monitors then this is easier, simply open taskmanager on extra screen, and then play game on other....if not then open game set to run windowed and create a split screen by having taskmanager on one side and game on other.   Next step is to then look and see what is being used and to what extent.  You also want to pay attention to the clock speeds listed for both CPU and GPU as well as total utilization.  If CPU is maxed, then click over tabs on taskmanger to processes and see exactly what is taking up what percentage of the CPU.  Processes tab can also be used to see quickly how much of all the items each program is using. 

Running in windowed mode also sometimes fixes this issue...but it isn't something I prefer to have my games run as....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,275 Views)

All Replies

Possibly, or it could be a bios issue or a cross program interference.  First thing you need to check is what is actually causing the running slow part.  By this I mean, is your GPU at 100% or 5%....is your CPU running full clock speed, meaning is it running at 1.6GHZ or 4.2GHZ...reason I ask, is I have seen a CPU fail to ramp up causing this, also a GPU just not pushing hard.  It can also be another program pulling CPU time when DAI need it....probably not so much this, as that CPU SHOULD be able to multi-task well enough to not be an issue, but then a driver or something may need to be installed...and not having Win verified may be contributing to this...

So fire up a program to monitor your system and find out which system is causing the issue....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 3 (1,296 Views)

Basic way to find out what you need, is to open task manager, and if set to fewer details then click on more details in bottom left corner and then click on performance tab.  This should bring up a list of your CPU--usually highlighted and displaying details on right side of tab, with options to see Memory, disks, Ethernet, and GPU by clicking on them on the left and it will display on right.

If you have two monitors then this is easier, simply open taskmanager on extra screen, and then play game on other....if not then open game set to run windowed and create a split screen by having taskmanager on one side and game on other.   Next step is to then look and see what is being used and to what extent.  You also want to pay attention to the clock speeds listed for both CPU and GPU as well as total utilization.  If CPU is maxed, then click over tabs on taskmanger to processes and see exactly what is taking up what percentage of the CPU.  Processes tab can also be used to see quickly how much of all the items each program is using. 

Running in windowed mode also sometimes fixes this issue...but it isn't something I prefer to have my games run as....

Message 3 of 3 (1,276 Views)